Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

defect class

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have small question about defect classes:

I have maintained the catalog for defects (9) and assign the catalog to the characteristics.

Now, when I record the defect, I can see the defect class (03 Major defect B) in the defect overview for charac. (field FEQKLAS), but in the main result recording (field FEHLKLAS) - I see different defect class (05 - Minor defect B).

Can someone tell me the reason?

Thanks in advance,

Eitan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

There are two defect classes - One for MIC other for defects (catalog type 9)

Field FEHLKLAS is in result recording is to identify MIC is major/ Minor etc

field FEQKLAS is in defect recording, and is to identify defect is Major/ Minor etc

Hope this clears the confusion.

AKM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Marwady,

Thanks for your reaply,

"Field FEHLKLAS is in result recording is to identify MIC is major/ Minor etc" - Can I control it? where?

I get the same defect class (05 - Minor defect) every time.

I want linkage between this tow defect classes - can I have it?

Thanks,

Eitan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you explain why you need this linkage between defect class and MIC weightage ?

You can record defects for inspection lot, Operation or for a MIC. If you record defect for inspection lot or operation there can be combination of Major and minor characteristics. In this case which defect class system should choose.

Catalog profile can be used to control which defect code groups are available for selection. You will still need some programming to control which code groups are available for selection based on MIC weightage.