cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delivery Creation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friends,

while we run t code VL01N to create outbound delivery shipping point field comes as a mandatory field to process VL01N.

How it comes as mandatory field??

What is the setting behind it??

Regards

SV

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

this is to inform you that,

TABLE : LIKP-VSTEL

PROGRAM : SAPMV50A - 4001

PROGRAM AFFECTED because of this

I56IDOVA 75 CONSTANTS: BEGIN OF e1edt05_qualf,

vstel LIKE e1edt05-qualf VALUE '003', "ship.point

130 CONSTANTS: BEGIN OF e1edl04_qualf,

vstel LIKE e1edl04-qualf VALUE '003', "ship.point

179 CONSTANTS: BEGIN OF e1adrm1_qualf,

vstel LIKE e1adrm1-partner_q VALUE 'OSP',"Shipping Poi

198 CONSTANTS: BEGIN OF e1adrm4_qualf,

vstel LIKE e1adrm4-partner_q VALUE 'OSP',"Shipping Poi

VBAPDATA 462 DATA: VSTEL_ERMITTELN_ALLE.

MV50ADIA 50 data: gf_error_on_document_read type c value space,

gf_save_vstel like likp-vstel, "v_n_585842

hope this clears your issue.

balajia

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

if shipping point is not mandatory then how and where will you supply the material to the customer.

it will be hard coded in the program as such if you ful fil with exact shipping point then only it will allow to proceed further.

there is no standard settings behind this.

balajia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shipping point represents physical sending location of a delivery.

The basic setup includes:

- OVXD - shipping point definition

- OVXC - assignment to plant code

- OVL2 - automatic shipping point determination

Regards,

Dominik Modrzejewski

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

SHIPPING POINT is important organisational unit to carry out the Outbound and Inbound delivery.

This was set as mandatory in the Delivery Program SAPMV50A

Hope this clarifies your question

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there any customization setting by that we can make shipping point mandatory in t code VL01N.

Regards

SV

Former Member
0 Kudos

no there is no customization. you can't change it also.

The SAP defined basic processes have some set rules written in the basic code. Like order type at the start of sales order creation. similarly you can not create delivery in SAP without a sh. pt.

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Let us understand why shipping point in Delivery is a mandatory field. Letu2019s keep SAP aside.

1.Shipping department in an industry receives the information on sales order confirmation or Releases order to ship the material. It can be multiple Shipping departments for receiving and dispatching goods.

2.The department decides the mode of picking up the material from the storage location warehouse.

3.It decides what means of transportation and the route it has to be shipped.

4.This helps in monitoring the materials till the reaches the final customer.

5.We also know that we are transferring the owner ship to the transport vendor; it is the shipping department responsible for it.

To map it out in SAP.

Whenever we Ship a material to a customer, we need to identify which Shipping Point or the department the goods are shipped.

Setting:

T.CODE: OVL2

1. Shipping point determination.

Shipping conditions + Loading group+ Plant  Shipping point (default/ proposed shipping point).

We can also enter multiple shipping point as well which are called as manual shipping Point, where we can ship the material from different shipping department.

2. In delivery document:

Here where we define storage location rule is defined here we assign it as MARE (Which reads Shipping point+ storage conditions + plant and situation of plant and storage condition).

Hence the shipping point can be changed as per the situation available. It should be mandatory field to be filled, but due to shipping point determination it is picked automatically.

Thanks

Shekar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sekhar,

First of all thanks for your prompt reply.

I know already very well that, which you have tried to explain. ALL the logic ,definition ,assignment and use of shipping point I know very well.

my question is only that from the point of view of customization or ABAP coding

How shipping point field comes as mandatory in VL01N Transaction??

Already I checked the programme SAPMV50A which is for outbound delivery creation and could not found there shipping point mandatory through hard coding.

So my question is only that, when we run VL01N shipping point field comes as mandatory field,what is the setting behind it ??

Regards

SV

Edited by: sv.sap09 on Jan 14, 2011 6:44 PM

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is not mentioned in the program but in the screen number.

GOto t.code SE80.

click the button repository information button at the left -top side.

Under the objects list (still left side) click on program library, then expand program sub-objects. Here click or double click on screens.

Now on the right side, in the program name field enter the program name as SAPMV50A and screen number as 4001.

Then click on execute button (F8). Then in next screen, check the box and click on details button on the top. In the next display, click on Element list tab, then special attributes tab.Here you can see LIKP-VSTEL is categorised as Required under Input column.

Hope this clears your doubt.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shiva Ram,

I checked that field is not mandatory there.

Regards

SV

Edited by: sv.sap09 on Jan 15, 2011 7:25 AM