cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shipment Cost Procedure: Not triggered in Shipment Planning - Header Level

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

I have assigned the following shipment cost procedure to my organizational unit:

TransportPlanPt TCEX

Description TCPS - EXPORTS

0001 0001 0001 SDFC00 Standard

Why then, when I go to VT01N, I have to manually add it to the delivery in the "Shipment Calculator Tab" at Header Level.

When I do so, also by checking the box that indicates that the shipment is relevant to the Shipment Cost Procedure, and when I finally click the Abacus Icon for "Freight Cost Estimate" the system returns this message:

"Shipment cost not yet calculated"

1- Why is that?

2- What do I need to do to make sure the costs are being calculated?

3- Can someone explain to me if a Shipment Cost Estimate and the Cost Shipping Procedure are the same things?

Regards

Chris

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

Please check to see if you have assigned the shipment type to Shipment cost doc type .

SPRO - Logistics Execution - Shipment costs -Shipment cost document -Shipment cost relevance and default doe shipment cost type .

Based on your business please indicate your preference in configuration and this should take of not having to assign the costing procedure in VT01n

Next part of your questions , message on " Shipment costs not yet calculate" can have different reasons.

Did you monition freight rates in pricing conditions (Tk11), if not please do

What is the access sequence configured ?

One way to trouble shoot this is click to get the freight cost estimate from VT01N and navigate into the pricing procedure for form Shipment cost docuemnt to get the analysis part of pricing, that should give you good idea on why costs are missing.

Finally the system make use of costing procedure config to estimate the shipment costs.

Please use these links to get more info on step by step procedure to configure freight costing :

[http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/d055d7d8-e4be-2b10-4786-fb7cc9e3d688?quicklink=index&overridelayout=true]

.[http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/ERPLO/Transportation]

Let me know if this helps

Thanks

Naga Yarramsetty

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yaramsetty,

Many thanks for sending me the "Outbound Transportation Process" you have worked on!

It is of great value and I am currently using it to customize my system.

Again that was most needed!

Kind regards

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Answers (0)