cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Device controller integration/ Auto-Id test tool.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am unable to determine if my messages from the auto-id test tool are being processed. I don't see any thing in the application logs ( and I have checked the configuration to make sure that all messages must be logged)

I am sending in messages using PML and the IN command.

When I create a valid message I see a message saying that it was sent successfully. However when I go to the application logs I don't see any activity and I am unable to search for any of the data that I have posted through the auto-id cock pit either. Its like the messages are just getting lost.

However, when I use an invalid device Id name I receive an error message and the application logs also have detailed messages. I believe the messages are being delivered correctly, however they are either getting lost during the processing no rule or execution or I am just unable to search for them. Which I have configured!

The business role that I am trying to simulate is a PACK using a fixed device controller. The XML (PML) payload contains 3 item level tags and one case level tag.

Apologize for the long message. Would appreciate any help as I have run out of all my troubleshooting options.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ismail,

We have solved the problem. The port/service no in the RFC connection maitained in SM59 for AIN RFC destination was wrong.

One info for your knowledge i think you must be aware of this. The transaction SMICM can tell you what are the service ports of the system which needs to be maitained in RFC connection in the service port.

Regards,

Amit Deshpande

Former Member
0 Kudos

Now I used the test tool and I sent a PML msg to the device, it says successful. Since there is no reader attached I think it may work if there would be one?

How can I try a msg from the reader to the system. What do I have to do?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ismail

thank you for your prompt reply and help.

I have further queries:

1. In the RFC definition in SM59 for AIN connection i gave the path prefix(/sap/scm/ain which i have maintained in SICF) and tested the connection which gives me a error. is there anything besides this which needs to be configured? i have configured each and every step mentioned in the Config guide. But if i test the connection without pathprefix the connection doesnt give error.

But i believe that path prefix is required to use the <b>Autoid test tool</b>

2. Do we need integration builder for the above mentioned webservices to run?

In your case are you using XI along with AII or have you installed AII without XI?

3. Are you aware of Sproxy transaction in AII? In my case the sproxy transaction says that <b>"NO CONNECTION TO INTEGRATION BUILDER"</b> And as per my understanding INTEGRATION BUILDER is part of XI. Correct me if i am wrong.

This is pretty long query and i apologise for so many queries.

Thank you and regards,

Amit Deshpande

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ismail,

We are also trying to use the Autoid Test tool. we are also facing the problem which you faced and are clueless about the problem. When we send it from Autoid Test tool it says successfully sent but we dont see any log.

I want to know what RFC destination you are sending this PML XML. I think the RFC destination needs to be the destination what you maintain in Master data for RFID DEVICE in Device controller settings. Correct me if i am wrong. Which RFC connection did you use to send this message?

Looking forward to help.

Thanks and regards,

Amit Deshpande

Former Member
0 Kudos

Amit,

I am using AIN. This is an RFC destination that I configured for device controller integration using http and PML posts. If your RFC destination is configured correctly using sicf and sm59 transactions these messages will be delivered to the AIN queue. The messages in the queue can be viewed and processed manually using the smq2 transaction. For automatic processing of the messages you should use transaction smqr to register the AIN queue. Hope this helps. Let me know what you find and learn.

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

In case someone else runs into this- the messages were blocked. I was able to process the messages sent from the Auto-id-test tool using transaction smq2 (qRFC). I had to individually processes each message.

Would appreciate any explanation on why the messages are blocked and not automatically processed.