cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create the table in MDM use that in Ep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

i need to create a table in MDM with fields as 1. user name, 2.region, and so on...........

when a user logins in portal it should connect to MDM and check in table to which region the user belongs to,

the user may contain 2 or 3 regions the in the table, tre is no restriction that the user should contain only one region,

if user logins in portal we should assign him/her the same link(asia user login in portal should assign him the asia link(rfc))

or america user log in america link or africa user logins in africa link

if the user belongs to two region we shd assign him the two links.........

.help in doing step by step or provide the pdf or document in doing this.

Thanks in advance

Thanks&Regards

charan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please correct me if I am wrong, but it looks like you are trying to address an authorizations issue through using MDM as a database. Ideally, the authorizations in Portal should be handled through UME actions, or if you really needed persistance, using the local persistance on CE database server. Using MDM as a database for your authorization data might not be the best approach.

Regards,

Shehryar

Former Member
0 Kudos

answered

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to use the MDM JAVA API to connect to MDM Repository from the EP (Web Dynpro).

To create / read / update / delete MDM records from the MDM and display in standard portal content you need to apply the MDM Portal Business package on EP and create system, iviews, pages and roles.

To read a record from MDM table in Web Dynpro, You need to apply the MDM JAVA API on the EP and write the code to connect to MDM and retrieve the MDM records.

Follow below mentioned links for more information on how to connect to MDM and retrieve MDM records

[MDM7.1 Java API: Getting Started|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/d09eaa01-f941-2c10-8d88-be7e05a85c47?quicklink=index&overridelayout=true]

[MDM 7.1 Java API: First MDM Record|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/501ae52c-d842-2c10-d2a2-fc5043c20342?quicklink=index&overridelayout=true]

[MDM71 Java APIs: Search / Retrieve MDM Records|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/501ae52c-d842-2c10-d2a2-fc5043c20342?quicklink=index&overridelayout=true]

Regards,

Amol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amol,

Thanks for your valuable answer

Thanks&Regards

charan

Edited by: charan12 on Jan 19, 2011 5:26 AM

former_member207367
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Charan

_MDM Data model for your requirement _

1. Login to Console and Unload the MDM Repository.

2. Create Table " REGIONS_LIST" of type Flat in MDM for having the list of regions(EMEA,APAC,AMERICAS....)

Table structure goes like this

REGIONS

Name

Field Detail:

Type : Text

Display Field : Yes

Unique Field : Yes (set unique property to yes, if required for not allowing duplicate entries in the table)

3. Create table USERDATA for handling the User and region information of type Flat.

Table structure goes like this

USERDATA

User ID

Regions

Field Detail of User ID:

Type : Text

Display Field : Yes

Unique Field : Yes (set unique property to yes, if required for not allowing duplicate entries in the table)

Field Detail of Regions:

Type : Lookup [Flat]

Required : Yes

MultiValued : Yes (This property is used for selecting multiple regions for a user)

Lookup Table: REGIONS_LIST

Value Selection : Pick List

4. Load Repository back with update indices.

5. Login to MDM Data Manager, Select the Table REGIONS_LIST as your current table for adding the list of Regions in your scope.

(View -> Select Table -> REGIONS_LIST).

Add the values EMEA,APAC,AMERICAS.....

6. Select the Table USERDATA as your current table for adding the list of Users and there respective regions.(View -> Select Table -> USERDATA).

Add your user and region information to the table.

Note: Be carefull while Updating the codes for MDM table's or fields, make sure you have all in Capital letters and unique. becuase when you refer these in portal there can be a conflict if you have same code for different Fields and Tables.

Thanks

Sowseel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sowseel,

Thanks for ur quick reply

you have given a very helpful answer, after doing all these in MDM, if an user login's in portal how to check in(MDM) to which region the user belongs to. what must be coding written in portal

tell me how to do this step by step

Thanks&Regards

charan

former_member207367
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Charan,

Unfortunately i can not help you with that, i do not know what kind of coding will be written in portal for retrieving the MDM table data as i am not an portal developer.

Go through the belowlink, which gives some basic understanding of how to connect to MDM and how to retrieve data from MDM Tables through JAVA API's. hope this helps you some where.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/70a7afe4-9e3e-2b10-de8d-b105d0b8c...

Let's wait for some other responses.

Thanks

Sowseel

Edited by: sowseel pasumarthi on Jan 17, 2011 7:46 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sowseel,

Thanks for your valuable answers

how to use the xml API's in portal, and portal frame work

Thanks&Regards

charan