Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change the default user in config tool after system refresh

tomas_lindberg
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have recently done a export/import of netweaver BI 7 system using sapinst.

Since it is possible to logon using the old j2ee user defined in config tool, i would like to change this to use the new j2ee user. I have changed the information in the Secure Store when logged on to Config tool, but even after restart of the J2ee instance, the old j2ee user is defined as the default.

Best regards

Tomas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

tomas_lindberg
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi again,

I might have been a bit unclear here.

The problem is that when i use Visual Admin, and choose the default connection, the user defined which i cannot change is from the source system. I would like to change the user specified in the default connection to be the new user. Since this is a pure java stack, the naming convention recommended by SAP is j2ee_adm_<sid> so the current default user specified is j2ee_adm_<old sid>.

I was of the impression that when changing the information in the secure store using config tool, that the defaul connection information in the visual admin would refelct this, but even though all the other connection information is correct such as the host and port, it still shows me the j2ee_adm_<old_sid>.

Since this is a export, the <old_sid> user exists, and this is not actually a problem, but to have the system concurrent, I would like to have the correct user defined in the default connection entry for Visual Admin.

I hope this makes it more clear, and thanks for the responses so far.

Best regards

Tomas

Easier is perhaps to show a picture of what i mean, the user defined here is the <old_sid>

[http://img683.imageshack.us/img683/3327/vadefaultlogin.jpg]

Edited by: Tomas Lindberg on Jan 14, 2011 11:12 AM

franz_hiltscher
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tomas,

there is a subdirectory cfg in VisualAdmin folder. Edit adminCFG.properties.

But i am unsure if the j2ee_admin_<newuser> exists. Do you make a copy of the old j2ee_admin or sapinst created a new one during the systemcopy?

Kind Regards

Franz

tomas_lindberg
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Franz and thanks. This was the final piece to solve it for me. Now i see the correct user and I'm also able to logon with it.

The sapinst export/import did not create this user, but i did a copy myself from the old_sid user to the new_sid user so it has the same permission etc, so now it's all good.

Thanks again and have a nice weekend.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

tomas_lindberg
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi and thanks for you response.

This is a Pure Java stack export/import using sapinst.

franz_hiltscher
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tomas,

if you use the java db as user store the users in the target system the same as in the source system.

If you a abap system is used as user store and you want to use another abap system as user store you have to change the connection settings in configtool: Services->...ume.core.... (Hostname/Mandant/Connection user...)

Kind Regards

Franz

franz_hiltscher
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Tomas,

could you please explain in detail what you have done?

Do you have refreshed the abap, java or both? Do you use an double stack or you use an seperate Java System?

Regards

Franz