Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Download all roles Individually and list all the SAP standard roles

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I have two questions .

1. I want o download all the roles individually in SAP.

2. I want to list all the SAP standard roles whose profile is generated.

Can anyone help me . to achieve this

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Use PFCG>Role>Download option for downloading one role or PFCG>Utilities>Mass download (or use program PFCG_MASS_DOWNLOAD) in case more than one role needs to be downloaded.

You can use report PRGN_STATUS_ALL to get the detailed status overview of roles including user assignments, profile status, menu, etc

Thanks

Sandipan

21 REPLIES 21

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Use PFCG>Role>Download option for downloading one role or PFCG>Utilities>Mass download (or use program PFCG_MASS_DOWNLOAD) in case more than one role needs to be downloaded.

You can use report PRGN_STATUS_ALL to get the detailed status overview of roles including user assignments, profile status, menu, etc

Thanks

Sandipan

0 Kudos

Thanks for quick response Sandipan .

Actually I need to download all the roles individually in single shot. If I do the mass download that will create the single file for all the roles .

In our system [SP R/3 4.7] . We have around 1000 roles in sytem. I want o download 1000 roles as individual files.

0 Kudos

Have you considerd splitting up the download file afterwards? I think that is easier than trying to automate the download.

The biggest problem you will encounter with automating the download is the gui interaction for the actual filename and storage location....

The downloadfile is readable text so with a little bit of scripting you should be able to split that into multiple files each containing the info for one role. Do not forget to incorporate the first two lines of the original file into each new file to make it a usable upload file again.

0 Kudos

I agree with Jurgen on method of splitting up the download file.

@rdhaprakasam2003

Alternately, you can also have a small custom program written to download roles using function module 'PRGN_DOWNLOAD_AGR' to download the role individually and have saved with same file name as the role name. You need to discuss the feasibility with your developer.

Good luck

Sandipan

0 Kudos

I agree with Jurgen

Completely off topic, where did you find the g in my first name? I'm still looking for it myself

Jurjen

0 Kudos

Completely off topic, where did you find the g in my first name?

My iPhone keyboard no longer seems to be as intuitive as it used to be;) Sorry about that Jurjen:)

0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Sandipan , With the help of Funcation module , am able to download the roles. But, It's throwing error, if the role name contains the symbol " : [ Colon ] ".

0 Kudos

Hi,

I suspect you are using the filename with " :". The FM is able to download any role which has ":" in its name (PFCG role name) but the filename which you specify should not have a colon. Can you please check again and confirm.

Thanks

Sandipan

arpan_paik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

@1 - Mass download will list all the roles in a single file.

@2 - To see specific data only use SUIM -> Profile -> By Role

Regards,

Arpan Paik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

To download 1000 roles seperately write down CAT Script which is very similar as creating 1000 user id's.

If you want I can provide you the CAT Script.

Thanks and Regards

Arun R

0 Kudos

If you want I can provide you the CAT Script.

I would like to see that working. I've just tried (with SECATT) but cannot create parameters for the filename and download location as the 'file save' dialog box is gui functionality and not abap screens. I didn't get it to work.....

Edited by: Jurjen Heeck on Jan 15, 2011 11:02 AM - fixed some terminology mixup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use table AGR_DEFINE to download list of all the roles.

If you want to download roles with all the details you can use table AGR_1251.

For indentification of all SAP standard roles, you can use table AGR_DEFINE using field CHANGE_USR with value "SAP"

Hope your query is answered.

Regards,

Mohit

0 Kudos

I can bet that you love AGR_DEFINE very much!!

BTW I have seen many effort to download mass role in individual file. But I am just curious why some one need 1000 file? Then upload it one by one? Even some 1 need to create a script and edit the file manually for 1000 role. I think rather than that it will be good to download 1000 role 1000 times. Still curious to know why it will worth the effort.

Regards,

Arpan Paik

0 Kudos

Hope your query is answered.

I doubt that very much. If you take some time to read the rest of the thread OP is looking for the PFCG download functionality. Besides that, the two tables you've mentioned only contain a part of the role data, certainly not all of it. Your answer will not help OP to create a one-file-per-role download.

Jurjen

0 Kudos

Arpan Palik,

We have experience the problem, when we attempt to revert back the changes in Prod. That was a big lesson for us and we have spent some two days to revert back to original status. So we are trying to download all the roles individually with their names.whenever we encounter the same problem/needs to revert back the changes, this will help us lot .

Edited by: rdhaprakasam2003 on Jan 17, 2011 12:27 PM

0 Kudos

Dear,

I am no sure what kind of problem you have faced that requires revert back. Which took 2 days. If it's for mass role revert back then mass role download should work. If it few selective role then change history should help you out.

Anyway I might pull this out of the topic.

Even you download mass role in a single file then also if you want then can upload a single role only with 2-3 mins spending on replace function in notepad!!

Let say you have taken 1000 role in a single file and want to upload a specific role only. Open the file (copy of the file) in a notepad. Now replace(Ctrlh) LOADED_AGRS with nothing. Find(Ctrlf) the role you want to upload. In begining of that line paste LOADED_AGRS

Above file will upload the specific role only.

Regards,

Arpan Paik

0 Kudos

Let say you have taken 1000 role in a single file and want to upload a specific role only. Open the file (copy of the file) in a notepad. Now replace(Ctrlh) LOADED_AGRS with nothing. Find(Ctrlf) the role you want to upload. In begining of that line paste LOADED_AGRS

Above file will upload the specific role only.

Whoa! That's a winner in the dirty tricks department

0 Kudos

Whoa! That's a winner in the dirty tricks department

Ha ha ha... Depends what does the trick suppose to do. Sometimes have to give what it takes.

Regards,

Arpan Paik

0 Kudos

I've done similar (and probably worse) but wouldn't recommend it anymore

notepad++ and excel manipulations can do a really great job but I'm no longer confident that the result is not impacting underlying tables - once saw SUIM report that all the roles I change org levels for had all org levels regardless of whether or not the roles really did have them.

It may take longer but 'keep it simple' and keep your job may be the best approach...

Cheers

David

0 Kudos

humm... agreed..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot to all . it's resolved