cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to generate a proxy for sap.net connector 3.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Currently I am using sap .net connector 2.0 in my application and would like to know how to use the .net connector 3.0.

Please help me with some steps on generating the proxy class or any other method to connect to sap using the latest connector 3.0

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member197445
Contributor
0 Kudos

I concur -- no proxies are necessary. The simplicity of the new object model is awesome.

Calling a BAPI requires no structure metadata to be coded -- all done behind the scenes. Just a few lines of code to run a function module and return results.

Dim companyAPI As IRfcFunction = _ecc.Repository.CreateFunction("BAPI_COMPANY_GETDETAIL")
companyAPI.SetValue("COMPANYID", companyID)

companyAPI.Invoke(_ecc)

Dim companyName As String = _
     companyAPI.GetStructure("COMPANY_DETAIL").GetString("NAME1")

If String.IsNullOrEmpty(companyName.Trim) Then
     companyName = "Not found"
End If

Can't wait to start creating with this Connector.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also check out this blogpost [A Spotlight on the New .NET Connector 3.0|/people/thomas.weiss/blog/2011/01/14/a-spotlight-on-the-new-net-connector-30SDNWeblogs_Interoperabilitynet%2528SAPNetworkWeblogs%253AInteroperability.NET%2529]

It contains some simple example code for usage the NCo; indeed no more static proxies required.

In fact it's more a reflection kind of setup, dynamic/runtime approach...

Best regards, William.

gpeterson
Explorer
0 Kudos

One doesn't create proxies anymore. Please go through the programming guide and the tutorial located in the Connector download section.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you please provide the link, as there are so many links in the down loads section.

gpeterson
Explorer
0 Kudos

https://service.sap.com/connectors

Then click on SAP Connector for Microsoft .Net