cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPM synchronous RFC calls

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have two messages, one coming from SOAP and second one from JDBC adapter. I want to map this two messages to Single BAPI call. How do I go about doing this using BPM.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SSG,

1. You will have a fork with 2 branches with 2 receiver steps. One for the SOAP request and the other the JDBC sender adapter.

<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/24/e2283f2bbad036e10000000a114084/content.htm">Step Type - FORK</a>

<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/cb/15163ff8519a06e10000000a114084/content.htm">Multiple Start Process Receiver Steps</a>

2. Transformation Step -- N:1 mapping where the 2 source messages are mapped to the Single BAPI message.

3. Send Synchronous Step -- You will be sending the BAPI request message and getting the Response message.

You can use the <a href="/people/arpit.seth/blog/2005/06/27/rfc-scenario-using-bpm--starter-kit - File to RFC">File - RFC - File</a> blog as a template to see how synchronous RFC calls are made and then , you can get the RFC response and do the needful as per requirements.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Bhavesh and Prashant.

My requirement is slightly different.

I receive a soap message say M1

Using M1 as input, using JDBC (synchronous call) I get message M2.

Now I want to merge M1 and M2 and perform a RFC call.

Is this a right approach?

1)Receive step to receive the SOAP message.

2)FORK step

3) One path to Synch call to JDBC

4) Second path is empty

5) Transformation message to merge it?

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is not required to have Fork step here.

Your BPM steps -

1) Recieve the SOAP Message(M1)

2) Send the Message Synch (M1) to the JDBC

3) Recieve the Repsonse to the dummy message M2

4) Execute the Transformation step ( N: 1) Mapping - M1 and M2 to give M3.

5) Send M3 to RFC.

Regards,

moorthy

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SSG,

I think you can configure a BPM to receive two different message types, and then map the fields from each of these into a different message type and using that call the RFC

cheers,

Prashanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SSG,

Please look at this..

cheers,

Prashanth

P.S Please mark helpful answers