cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One Time customer's outstanding

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have this scenario precisely..the customers at store sales are created as one time customers so I have just one dummy customer account and while making sales order everytime, system asks for the new master data. this does not allow me to see the outstanding amount or balance against a particular customer individually since all will have the same customer account. is there any report in SAP which gives balance on customer names or other field maintained?

Thanks,

Binita

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi binitha;

this is to inform you that

first of all i have to say one thing to you mam

credit management will not work for this type of one time customer account groups.

so generating a report is not possible.

update the forum

balajia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Thanks for the valuable input. creating one time customers does not solve the purpose and client is ready to create customers separately for each transaction. as Balaji rightly said, one time customers are not meant for credit management.

thanks,

Binita

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As already expressed, you should use one item customer for those who pay cash and take the goods. Copy the account group 0001 and use this for regular customers who take the goods on credit terms.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi binitha;

this is to inform you that

first of all i have to say one thing to you mam

credit management will not wor for this type of one time customer groups.

so generating a report is not possible.

update the forum

balajia

Former Member
0 Kudos

I guess z-report could be possible. What i was thinking was -

by taking cleared/uncleared documents from BSAD/BSID - getting invoice numbers - then customer NAME (not no.) w.r.t. invoice - and then combining for customers based on name.

its a kind of work around and information report. Correct me if wrong.

BUT go for cash payers only - no outstanding

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all for valuable input. I understand one time customers cant have outstanding balances. but I have other complications involved as well. such as buy-back(purchase from customer) or Return or exchange. in this case, i will have to know what amount is remaining for the customer to pay or receive. further, as you all rightly said, these are cash transaction so I don't have customer account in picture. for every invoice being made from a particular store, the store's cash account is getting debited instead of customer's. so I have no link between the actual customer and the invoice being made on accounting level. what should I do? the entries become clumsy. Please advise.

thanks,

Binita

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Buy back - no idea

Return - normal return process - again the cash account will be hit - (physical process- if customer paid cash - on return, cash is paid back) - so same pricing proc. in Return Order and CN - same acc. keys - same cash account determination

Exchange - to my understanding it will happen after the original material is taken back. So return order - inbound delivery - GR - but no CN - subsequent delivery free of charge can be used - you need to set up document types for that and control processes.

I guess if you can do the Return and Exchange scenarios in system then you would be able to configure the buyback also. Thing is I have not encountered this process - but does not seem difficult.

Try in system - things would be clear.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Z reports are possible for information purpose only

BUT it is advisable to not keep any outstanding for one time customers. Generally Cash Sales process is used for One Time customers.