cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPM - Posting Period derivation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

could someone please explain from which date fields in the documents the posting periods for SPM data are derived in BW?

Thanks in advance,

Tobias

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tobias

There are many dates on the transaction data part of the SPM data model. THe most relevant data field is the 0XATRANDAT which captures the transaction date (for example for invoice, it is the posting/approval date). It is also used to feed into all of the time hierarchies like calendar time and fiscal time.

Hope that helps.

Regards

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

thanks for your quick reply. Actually my question was targeting on how the time hierarchies (calendar and fiscal) are derived.

So your answer was just what I needed.

In our implemenation case we are currently only dealing with invoices and purchase orders. So in addition to the invoice it would be great if you could specify the respective date field which is used from the purchase orders as well.

Thanks again,

Tobias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tobias

Even for PO it should be the same 0XSATRANDAT, which then gets supplied for all relevant transactional calculations in PO.

Regardxs

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

All, My understanding is that for PO's the Document date is used for reporting (like for Invoices). While this works fine for Invoices, the Document date for PO's does not provide in my opinion the true depiction of spend (should be on the basis of Delivery date for PO's)

Especially in the Direct world where the delivery date is far more important than the date on which the Scheduling Agreement is created (for example). Even for Indirect, I would argue that the Delivery date provides superior reporting than the document date..

Does anyone else have this requirement and if so, how are you handling it? Any inputs will be appreciated.

Thanks - Nikhil

Answers (0)