cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Formatted Text View Problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have an wd screen that gets lots of data. Customer want me to add a text field and display a long text.I did in text view but they wanna make the some fields in text is bold. I made it with formatted text. It is ok. But sometimes text can be too long. So i need a scrool bar.

How can i made text bold without using formattedtextview ? Or is there a way to use formattedtextview with scrollbar ?

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

formatted text view in a transparent container sounds good.

sahai
Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

as bhaskaran told there is no specific ui container made for this ...

all we can do is we can place the formated view ui container in scroll container but i think it will not be something great to do it..

but if the text will be longer automatically you will get the scroll bar..

thanks,

sahai.s

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Hi all,

> How can i made text bold without using formattedtextview ? Or is there a way to use formattedtextview with scrollbar ?

>

> Thanks,

Hi

text bold with out using formattedtextview is not possible.

formattedtextview with scrollbar - there is no specific ui property for that. However i would expect that the UI framework does that based on the available width and height of the UIElement container.

sahai
Contributor
0 Kudos

hello goktasor ,

you make usage of tags here ....

<strong> text</strong>

now this will make your text as bold on screen.

read the link below for further explanation

hope this will help you

thanks and regards,

sahai.s

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

thanks for answer but i think u did not read the question. i have no problem with bold in formatted text field, just need scroll bar. but i cant see a scroll bar on it. is there a way to make bold some of text in wd without using formatted text view ?

gill367
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yeah

As basakaran said by using height and widht you can do that.

set specific values say some 30px for height and width properties of the textview and then it should come with the scroll

automatically when the text is too large.

thanks,

sarbjeet singh