cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to delete component

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have deleted the ExchangeLogdat and ExchangeFaultData.

while Iam trying to delete the NameSpace or Component Iam getting the follwoing error.

I have did all what you people told eventhough Iam unable to delete the component here.

Unable to delete object GAMES, 5.0 of yahoo.com You cannot delete a software component version if namespaces are still defined for it

help me to delete the component.

Thanks & Regards,

Ashok.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This was Solved

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Asnok,

You can delete software components & versions from the IR in XI 2.0. (We're on Service Pack 5, and I've done it to clean up our IR.)

Here is the process:

1. Delete all configuration and/or import objects from the SCV. Don't forget the 2 fault data types that SAP automatically creates in every namespace.

Activate all change lists... if it won't let you save the deleted namespaces in step 2, then do the same.

2. Double-click on the Software Component Version so that it comes up in the right pane. Click on the change/edit button. Delete all the namespaces from the SCV. Save.

3. Activate all change lists. (It won't let you delete the SCV if you have uncommitted changes.)

4. Open the SCV again (if it's not still open). On the menu at the top of the right pane, go to Software Component Version...Delete. You may or may not have to activate changes again.

As soon as you do this, the software component will disappear automatically with the deletion of the last version.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Abhy

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

this blog has a step by step guide,

/people/siva.maranani/blog/2005/05/22/how-to-delete-software-component-from-integration-builder

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashok,

Do this first..

After you have deleted everything in your namespace, double click on your software component, and in the window that opens, at the bottom, you will find the list of namespaces created in your component. Just select the name space you want to delete and then click on the MINUS sign button.

Then ACTIVATE all components. This will delete the namespace

cheers,

Prashanth