cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File to Idoc

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have used sender business system as sender service in header mapping in Rceiver Agreement. I am getting erors.

can any body explain which logical system i need to assign to sender business system.

Is header mapping mandatory in file to idoc scenario ?

Is it required to create partner profiles ?

I am beginner and i am facing lot of problem with these things.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank u very much. The information was very helpful and i have solved my problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinu,

Nice to know that informatiom helped you solve your problem.... Please do close the post if the problem was solved by rewarding points....

Regards,

Abhy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinu,

As Bhavesh told, header mappping is not mandatory....

You just have to disable the control record in the mapping and the control record will be filled with the values from the data in your SLD.

Also go through this explanation for any File to IDoc Scenario.

I thought i will just share a few basic thoughts that you need to take care while doing an File to IDoc Scenario. Just see if it helps you in anyways.

While doing an File -> XI -> IDoc scenario, The Points to noted are:

1. You don’t need a DT, MT or a message interface for the IDOC as it itself acts as the Message Interface.

2. You import the IDOC and use the same in your mapping.

3. In this configuration note that you will need a sender agreement for the file.

4. In this configuration note that you will also need a receiver agreement for the IDOC.

For any File -> XI -> IDoc scenario ref:

<a href="/people/anish.abraham2/blog/2005/12/22/file-to-multiple-idocs-xslt-mapping to IDOC</a>

I hope it helps.....

Regards,

Abhy

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Srinu,

<i>Is header mapping mandatory in file to idoc scenario ?</i>

No. You can conveniently ignore the Header Mapping.

Just pass the control record values during the mapping and then in your IDOC adapter , select the options,

1. Apply control record from the payload.

2. Take sender from payload.

3. take receiver from payload.

If you do not want the control record to be populated manually and want the data from the SLD, disable the control record in the mapping and the control record will be filled with values from the data in SLD configuration . No need to do the header mappping in either case.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinu,

Also, look through this recent thread discussion for many more pointers...

cheers,

Prashanth

P.S Please mark helpful answers

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to give Sender Business Service in the Header Mapping. It is not mandatory.

Partner profile is required to create in the R/3.

Check this

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/877c0d53-0801-0010-3bb0-e38...

Regards,

moorthy