cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client Deletion

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have a ERP 6.0 system with 2 clients and I was in the process of deleting one client. System was big and some tables had millions of records. Therefore I had to stop the client deletion and upgrade the system to EHP4.

After the upgrade I cant continue the deletion as all the users doesn't have required authorizations.

Even DDIC and SAP*.

Now this client is partialy deleted. How can I delete the client fully ?

Appreciate if you could kindly help me to get this problem sorted out.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Kushan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kushan,

Use SCC3 and SCC4 transaction to delete the client.

I hope it helps you.

Cheers!!!

Elnino

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kushan,

Did you try to delete SAP* and login again with password 'pass' on the client to be deleted. The automatically created new SAP* user will have all required authorization. Try to delete the client again. Paste any errors you get.

Regards,

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can also delete the client via R3trans.

Create a controlfile:

Clientremove

client = XXX

select *

R3trans u2013w <log file for the deletion> -u 1 <path name and the command file>

But since it will only run with one process, it can take some time...

Kind regards,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks both for your valuable input.

<< Moderator message - Everyone's problem is important. But the answers in the forum are provided by volunteers. Please do not ask for help quickly. >>

Can you tell me the exact way to delete this SAP* and recreate ?

Thanks and Regards

Kushan

Edited by: Rob Burbank on Jan 13, 2011 4:13 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kushan,

First check if ABAP instance parameter login/no_automatic_user_sapstar is set to 0. In this case, user sap* will automatically be created when you delete it from the database.

Now logon to the database via sqlplus (assuming that you are running Oracle) and enter the following command:

delete from <schema>.usr02 where bname = 'SAP*' and mandt = '<your client number>';

commit

Kind regards,

Mark