cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error on Output type

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have an output type ZHAD setup for EDI and in the shipment document this output type has a Red status and when i click on it, it says "no communication data has been defined for transmission medium 6". I checked this output in NACE and the Transmission Medium is set to 6.

Please help!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi;

this is to inform you that

you have to do EDI configuration for the same here for transmission medium 6.

then only IDOC processing happens in this case.

so you are requested to do first EDI configuration for the same.

hope this clears your issue.

balajia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Balajia. Can you please elaborate how i can do the EDI config as well? I am sorry i am new to SAP, please ignore my ignorance.

If you can give a step by step direction that would be great.

Again appreciate your quick response.

thanks

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your replies Balaji and Shiva but i am still lost even after going through that document. I even deleted the output type and re-added but same thing, the status is Red for this output type in the shipment document.

if possible will you guys be able to where i can fix it in SPRO?

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you set-up partner profile in t.code WE20 correctly?

Can you provide the message details on the red status? I assume if you double click on it, or if you click on i button, the system will provide the details.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shiva,

The error message says "No communication data has been defined for transmission medium 6".

When i double click on the error it just shows the same message.

So there are three output types coming up for this shipment document. the two output types are print outs and this third output type is EDI which has Red status, other two has Green status.

And yes partner functions are indeed setup correctly. Just cant figure out why this output type for EDI is not working.

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos