cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Expanding ADOBE sub form to fit the data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I have a question and my objective is this. I want to display a string coming from ABAP on an Adobe form. The form is an existing form developed some time ago, and I am just making a change. I need to move two objects on the 1st page of the form (both objects are in a subform with 'Positioned') and put this string (text of multiple lines) in between.

I moved the objects, put the string in between the objects (so now the string on the subform (positiond), and wrapped the string in a subform and chose the another (new) subform (which wrapped the string ) to be 'Flowed'. It is displaying all the text, but the sub form is not expanding as necessary, it is over writing on other data. The setting for this Y coordinate of the sub form is 'expand to fit'.

The sub form did not expand. I could not figure out what I was doing wrong. Is the sub form not expanding, because, it is with in main page form which is flowed?

Please let me know if you have any idea about what might I be doing wrong. Thank you all for reading and giving it a thought.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I understand you have 3 objects altogether (1 Text and 2 others). Please try the following.

1) Place the text in between the other two objects.

2) Select the text. Goto Object Palette --> Layout , and check 'Expand to Fit'.

3) Select all 3 objects and wrap them in a single subform.

4) Make the subform flowed.

The text object alone need not be wraped in a seperate subform.

Thanks & Regards,

Sanoosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Sanoosh.

It did not work but I think my situation is little different. The form is an existing from and essentially, I am trying to include some data inbetween two sub forms. But my problem is that I am not being able to move the existing sub forms so that I can use the space in the middle (for a new sub form). I am able to include this new form in one of the sub forms but when I did that, the new form data is overwriting the existing sub form, when there is lot of data, means , 'flowed' charecter of the new subform did not wrok. So I have been trying and playing with it.

I believe, my problem here is due to lack of good understanding of the Adobe forms. Thank you for your reply...

Former Member
0 Kudos

The subform is expanding, the problem is that the outer subform is positioned. I think you can achieve what you want having an outer subform (flowed), then two childd subforms (positioned) for the first and last part of your actual form and another child subform (flowed) for your multiline text.

Something like this:

Subform (flowed)

Subform (positioned) - first part of your actual form

Subform (flowed) - Here you can put your multiline text

Subform (positioned) - last part of your actual form

Let me know if it worked.

Regards, Aldo.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Aldo, It worked f by manipulating the subforms around just as you suggested. Sorry there was some delay in trying to test this and post the results due to our patch upgrade.

Answers (0)