cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enabling SSO on BOBJ LINUX Platform

0 Kudos

I have been researching SSO solution for our BOBJ LINUX implementation and would like to verify what I found so far. Since we are running BOE on LINUX the only option we have for SSO is to use LDAP with SiteMinder ? Is this a true statement ?

I did find oss note 1537480 that explains best practices for setting up SSO with BOE CMS on UNIX or Linux and does not mention Siteminder. Does this note assume that your web server farm is running on Windows platform ? I am trying to avoid setting up SiteMinder if I can.

Our platform is running on LINUX including our Tomcat web servers with BOE version XI 3.1 SP3.

One additional note I found in the SP3 admin guide

"These methods of single sign-on support is available on Windows or Unix, with either any supported web application server for the platform.

u2022 LDAP with SiteMinder.

u2022 Trusted Authentication.

u2022 Windows AD with Kerberos

Note:

Windows AD with Kerberos is supported if the Java application is on UNIX.However, the BusinessObjects Enterprise services need to run on a Windows server.

The following table describes the methods of single sign-on support for the InfoView and CMC that are available."

Thanks for your help in advance.

Mike

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can use SSO with SAP on Unix as well

ingo

0 Kudos

Hi Ingo,

Thanks for your reply! We are currently utilizing SSO in our SAP environment with SAP logon tickets. If we can utilize the same method that will be great. Do you have a white paper or a wiki that gives me more information how to setup this?

Kind Regards,

Mike

0 Kudos

Hi Ingo,

I did find the following blogs which are very helpful, thanks!! :-

Part 1 will be the technical pre-requisites

Part 2 will be about the SAP BusinessObjects iView template as part of the SAP Integration Kit

Part 3 will be about the URL iView option

Part 4 will be about the integration with the KM part of your SAP Enterprise Portal.

/people/ingo.hilgefort/blog/2010/03/29/sap-businessobjects-enterprise-sap-enterprise-portal--part-1-of-4

My question to you as follows, if a user already have a valid SSO logon ticket in browser that was issued by SAP portal, would it be possible to connect directly to BOE infoview without logging first to SAP portal. In other words do we have to install/configure the portal archive in SAP portal in order for SSO to work (Part 2 of your Blog) and does the BOE link needs to be triggered from SAP portal ?

Thanks,

0 Kudos

I was able to successfully logon using SAP logon ticket into infoview.

Thanks!!

0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply. One additional question, how do I go about to get SiteMinder ? I am assuming it is not part of the BOBJ package, does it require a separate license? Any additional information will be great.

0 Kudos

Hi,

yes - its a seperate product from CA.

Regards

-Seb.

0 Kudos

Hi,

yes - this statement is true. You need to use Siteminder to have LDAP SSO under UNIX.

Regards

-Seb.