Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

extend enterprice service out-of-the-box

rodrigoalejandro_pertierr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

i extend an enterprice service in ESR defining an enhancement data type.

whichs are the step at abap stack to "refresh" the proxy structure, is there a regenerate button?? i cant find any documentation

thanks

Rodrigo P-.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

RaghuVamseedhar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rodrigo Alejandro Pertierra,

I understand you have enhanced Data Type in ESR and now you want to regenerate the proxy which is developed on that Data Type (MI).

FYI. If an object is changed in the Enterprise Services Repository (ES Repository) after it has been generated, the changes will not automatically be reflected in the proxy in the ABAP back-end system. If an object in the ES Repository is changed, you will need to regenerate the corresponding proxy manually.

1.In the Enterprise Services Repository Browser (Transaction SPROXY ), locate the object whose proxy you want to regenerate.

2.Open the context menu and choose Regenerate proxy

This function will only be available if a proxy has already been generated.

Only the proxy interfaces and classes will be overwritten. The implementing class will remain intact, meaning that the implementation will not be lost.

3.Reactivate the proxy.

From the context menu, choose Activate Proxy.

When the proxy is activated, all the underlying objects will be automatically activated as well.

SAP Help [Link|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi711/helpdata/en/e5/004f22192b444ab0bac1364d73ea6f/frameset.htm]

Regards,

Raghu_Vamsee