cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BAPI/FM/Approach for force Inspection complete via program

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a requirement to build a report for automating Mass UD of inspection lots. When users close the PO they are stuck if the ILs are open, hence the requirement. I have built the report for mass UD and used BAPI_INSPLOT_SETUSAGEDECISION with forced UD indicator set. The issue now is in case of long term inspection characterstics are open for the lot, it doesn't close the IL and status is set as LTIN but in other cases it sets the status to ICCO which automatically closes the lot on forced UD.

Is there a BAPI or approach to force close the IL via the report?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

You can use the same BAPI,or QEVC_PROCESS_AUTO_UD

If you have to enter a long text that still blocks the automatic usage decision if the inspection terminates. If necessary, you can use the QEVA0007 enhancement to automatically assign this text.

Just refer the OSS Note 1279926 - BAPI_INSPLOT_SETUSAGEDECISION : UD not saved

Applicable up to 604 version.

Rehards,

R.Brahmankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thankyou Sir!

In my case, the UD is made for the ILs where the long term inspection charactersics are open as in the status 'UD' is updated. The issue is unlike when the characteristics are closed the IL is automatically closed after UD( Status 'ICCO') , in this case the IL is not closed ( status 'LTIN') and it allows to record results.

The BAPI has the option of forced inspection ( UD) but it doesn't close the inspection when characterstics are open.

So, I have used the BAPI for UD and have bifurcated lots with status 'LTIN' and closed them via BDC for QA12.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

this may help u,

if u do shift f6 (inspection compltion) this will change the status of ur lot from LTIN to ICCO.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Yogini for the response!

I am aware of the functional transaction to do this. My requirement is to automatically close the ILs with status LTIN via program.

As it would be a mass closure of ILs which are open and very old.

Today, I have coded a BDC for QA12 to do that.

If you are aware of a better alternative, how can I close multiple open lots at once pls help!

Former Member
0 Kudos

As per my knowledge there is no standard way to do this.

u have to record bdc for stepp as suggested in my above thread.