cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting up multiple billing blocks for a CMR - Credit Memo Request

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to set a billing block for a credit memo request. The item category in VOV7 configuration only allows you to set one. I need to be able to set any of them and for it to block. If we do not use one; the system allows the credit memo to get created. If we choose the one that we configured in VOV7 it allows us to only use that one. The client needs to be able to select any billing block from the drop down when creating a credit memo request in VA01 instead of just one specific one. Is this possible? If so, where would I do this?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes this is possible.

In VA01, at item over view tab (header level -field VBAK-FAKSK), you can select the billing block per your requirement. If the billing block is set here, then the system will not allow to create credit memo.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for responding however, this is not working for us...it still creates a credit memo and we want to be able to set any of the billing blocks if we need to research further before applying credit.

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Surprising! when a billing block is applied in the sales document, then the system will NOT allow to create the billing document(in your case credit memo). Can you check in t.code OVV3, the billing blocks are assigned to billing types? After assigning, create a new document and test. The path is SPRO->Sales and distribution -> billing->billing documents ->define blocking reasons for billing->assign blocking reasons to billing types.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

I checked and there was one that was assigned to a credit memo...thanks....I added the rest of the billing block to the billing document (credit memo) .... I will test and let you know....I am confidant that this may have fixed my issue...

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Consider using a user status profile. In the user status profile (one can be assigned as header and/or item level), you can define multiple statuses that can be defined to disallow billing if the status is set. You can assign an authorization to each status - so as to control who can set/unset each status.