cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create a simple web service in Netweaver?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've scoured the net looking for information on how to set up a simple web service to RFC_FUNCTION_SEARCH. I can create the definition and get the wsdl, but the wsdl doesn't really contain anything useful, and the soap service is not actually created. I've tried to follow the guide here: http://help-sap.blogspot.com/2008/10/wsdl-file-in-sap.html but it doesn't work. I'm not able to select the profile "Basic Authorization: SOAP Profile", it doesn't appear to exist. Plus, the WSADMIN command is obsolete, and I don't see the web service definition I created in the list.

I'd appreciate some guidance on this. Thanks.

Charles.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

to create a simple web service in Netweaver : these are the steps:

1) Go to ur ejb-Bean ,right click on your bean and go to CREATE.you will get 2 options from which choose the NEW WEBSERVICE option in CREATE.

2)Write your webservie name and configuration name and if u dont want any authentication in webservice den choose the option of SIMPLE SOAP in default configuration type.

3)click next and den again next, u will get the option to choose your EAR file for the same. Select that and den click finish.

4)your webservice is now created and at last build and deploy your both the files(ejb and ear files).

5)you may test your webservice in webservice navigator now. It will get reflected.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you realise that the question is about an ABAP web service and that you are aswering about a JAVA web service ?

Regards,

Olivier

Former Member
0 Kudos

see if following document helps you.

[http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/20b723f8-a422-2c10-aca5-fe64eeda1ff2?quicklink=index&overridelayout=true]

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The guidance is to read the documentation in help.sap.com where you will see that you have now to use transaction SOAMANAGER to configure the web service.

Regards,

Olivier