Hello,

In TP/VS, I use the "ship with

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

In TP/VS optimization, I use "ship with" functionality to group the deliveries regarding "loc to" field, which is the destination location.

Problem is, sometimes the grouped deliveries (which have the same indicator for ship with) may exceed the capacity of all the vehicles, and none of the grouped deliveries are delivered.

How can i both use ship with and have the system make a group only as large as my vehicles can handle? Will i have to define a split rule?

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ship with is designed to force the optimizer to combine separate orders that 'absolutely' must go together on the same shipment.  The optimizer should fail to create shipment if all orders with the same ship with on the same MAD date cannot fit a resource.

A split rule would only create additional Freight Units - the optimizer would still attempt to force them on the same shipment.

Probably your best bet is to use the /SAPAPO/VS_FUNIT  BADI (Change_schedlines) to loop thru all orders with the Same ship with summing up to resource maximums.  You could then also incorporate a sequence number within your ship with numbering scheme to allow it to generate multiple shipments.

Hope that helps

Charles Ramey

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Ship with functionality will actually force the optimizer to club the orders of same ship to on one shipment. Just by defining a split rule will not serve your purpose. I think what you should do is you build a logic in such a way that it should sum all the orders of same ship to and try to match with the available resource capacity. If the orders which are to be delivered on the same day to a same customer has got a capacity which is higher than the resource capacity then try to take out the difference and whatever difference you get you try to deduct it from an order which has got maximum capacity. I think this should solve your problem. The above logic will work for cases where a single customer places multiple orders for different products whose transportation group is same and which are to be delivered on the same day if MAD for the placed orders is same. But if one customer has placed an order for the same material which has got a different batch then such scenario can be easily acheived by defining a consolidation strategy and a split rule. (for e.g. One sales order with two line items for same product but different batches one with a qty of 5 mt and another with a qty of 6 mt. As per std functionality these two line items will be consolidated by default if the MAD, RAD, trans grp etc. is same and it can splitted based on the available resource capacity and hence assigned these deliveries to one shipment and the remaining qty will remain open.

Regards,

Vivek