cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mask and Named Search

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

We are trying to use two search criteria in Purchase Order: Named Search and Masks.

Do you have any idea or any way of doing it?

Thanks in advance,

Lígia Moreira

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

What are you going to search and in which transaction or screen?

Are you going to search PO documents in POWL query?

Regards,

Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Masa,

My request is to have both searches (Named Searched and Masks) in Purchase Order.

Could you please specify about POWL queries?

Thanks,

LM

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you explain what kind of search do you need to find PO?

I'm not clear your requirement because "Named Search" and "Mask" is used in MDM context.

I have never heard it in POWL PO context. What options are missing in standard POWL query?

Regards,

Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We create Catalogs with reference to mask or to named-search.

As far as I know, we associate this catalogs to users. But a catalog only can have associated named search or mask.

I have two questions now:

1) Where do we associate search for Shopping Cars or Purchase Orders?

2) Is that possible in a Purchase Order to search for a item that is associated with a mask and another item that is associated with named search?

Thanks

LM

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

> 2) Is that possible in a Purchase Order to search for a item that is associated with a mask and another item that is associated with named search?

If you are talking about adding items to PO from Catalog, you can maintain 2 catalog ID. One with Mask and other with Named Search.

Regards,

Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Masayuki,

You mean i can have one mask catalog and another named-search catalog and look for them both in Purchase Order, right?

Thanks

LM

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes. There is "Add Item -> from Catalog" button in PO. All avialable Catalog ID are listed.

Regards,

Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The requirement is that purchaser has access to a catalalog that is defined as "named-search". But a product in this catalog can also be part of another catalog that is defined as "mask".

For example: The purchaser wants to search for the "Mask" which means something to him (internal label) in the Purchase Order. even if his catalog in named-search. I mean, this product he is looking for as also an associated mask... Do you have any idea if it is possible?

Thanks for helping,

LM

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

I guess your question is how user knows the Item 200 and 300 are in mask.

How about maintaining attribute or additional field for search?

Catalog ID A with Named Search A:

Item 100

Item 200

Item 300

Item 400

Item 500

Catalog ID B with Mask B:

Item 200

Item 300

My client uses 2 catalog ID. User searches items in Catalog B first, if he could not find items goes to catalog A.

Regards,

Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your answer... We are achieving the solution...

But Imagine now I have the 3 catalogs maintained in PPOMA_BBP for a purchaser.

Whenever he starts doing a Purchase Order, we would like the program to:

See the field "Requester" and filter the catalogs that appear, as this example:

Requesteru2013 Catalog A, B, C

Purchaser u2013 Catalog A, D

In this case, we would like the catalogs A and D to appear.

If the field u201Crequesteru201D is not fulfilled, so it will appear only the Purchaser catalogs u2013 A and D.

Do you think this is possible? Is there any "function" we could use?

Thanks in advance,

LM

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you explain your business scenario? I'm not clear.

For example,

A. Requestor selects item 200 from Catalog B. Why does purchaser need to change the PO?

B. Requestor orders items by free text. Purchaser needs to replace it by catalog item and needs to access catalog B with his mask.

C. Requestor calls Purchasing shared service center. Purchaser creates a PO based on his call.

Regards,

Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Our business scenario for this case would be B:

B. Requestor orders items by free text. Purchaser needs to replace it by catalog item and needs to access catalog B with his mask.

Mostly it can happen. That's why that is expectable to search for a diferent item in the Purchase Order. But i don't know if we can restrict the catalogs concerning the Requestor....

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Let's say there are 3 catalog ID for 1 MDM repository.

MDM repository has total 10 items.

Catalog ID A: General employee catalog with Named Search - 7 items

Catalog ID B: Poison chemical catalog with Mask - 3 items

Catalog ID C: Full purchaser catalog with no filter - 10 items

Requestor has catalog ID attributes A and B.

Purchaser has catalog ID attributes A,B and C. Purchaser can see all items

Requester entered free text for Poison chemical with Chemical symbol.

Purchaser can search item by cross catalog search function or from catalog ID B or C.

Does this work for your scenario?

Regards,

Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This Works. But I think we must have an additional field to filter the catalogs that appear.

Because the system doesn't know how to determine the catalog B and not show catalog A. In this case, catalog A would not appear.

The point is if there is any function (user-exit?) we can use to avoid that all catalogs appear?

Thanks and Regards,

LM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Masa,

Yes it works for the scenario. We achieved a solution having the 3 catalogs configured for the Purchaser. For example, the purchaser has a catalog defined by a mask.

In this scenario now I am having another dificulty. For example, there is an hierarchy in MDM in each I have a mask for 3 records.

Whenever I enter the SRM Portal and make a SC, if I choose that catalog, all the itens appear. It is does not show only the 3 itens i associated in MDM. Is there any thing I may need to do?

I have seen the roles in MDM Console, but apperantly there is no need to do anything there? Or am I wrong?

Regards and thanks

Lígia

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

- not answered -