Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTPEx: 501 Invalid command syntax

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a sender FTP Channel.

It polls the source directory twice a day with the help of "Availability Time Planning".

It finds the file in first polling itself and processes it, but as it does not find any file on the source server during second polling, it is throwing an error : "Could not process due to error: com.sap.aii.adapter.file.ftp.FTPEx: 501 Invalid command syntax."

I have used a PGP module to handle encryption, and two parameters are used in the module.

1. pwd_decrypt.keyPassphrase

2. verify.failureIgnored

There is another interface with exactly same configuration but polling on different server and it does not throw error if it does not finds a file.

Could anyone tell me the possible reason for the error.

Quick reply will be helpful.

Thanks,

Vikas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chandrasekhra,

Thanks for your reply. I am not using any external command, just using the module PGP and two parameters inside that.

Although I am not sure if I have define somewhere if XMLPAYLOAD is NULL.

Could you please let me know how do we configure this?

Thanks.

Vikas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mishra,

FTPEx: 501 Invalid command syntax -> are you executing any external commands on appserver FTP server using Command Line in comm channel. Because there might be a chance that in the second polling there is no XMLPAYLOAD and the command is executed with no parameters and hence, leading to error.

Also, I hope you are executing the decryption command only if XMLPAYLOAD is not NULL.

Regards,

Chandrasekhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

If someone could help me out with the solution to this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Hi,

> I have a sender FTP Channel.

> It polls the source directory twice a day with the help of "Availability Time Planning".

> It finds the file in first polling itself and processes it, but as it does not find any file on the source server during second polling, it is throwing an error : "Could not process due to error: com.sap.aii.adapter.file.ftp.FTPEx: 501 Invalid command syntax."

>

> I have used a PGP module to handle encryption, and two parameters are used in the module.

>

> 1. pwd_decrypt.keyPassphrase

> 2. verify.failureIgnored

>

> There is another interface with exactly same configuration but polling on different server and it does not throw error if it does not finds a file.

>

> Could anyone tell me the possible reason for the error.

> Quick reply will be helpful.

>

> Thanks,

> Vikas

Hi Vikas,

Maybe there is some problem between modules and operating system in sender BS.