cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

message encryption/decryption in SAP PI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

could you please let me know "how to encrypt/decrypt the messages in SAP PI by using Digital certificates"

my requirement is: target file should be encrypted and sent to external FTP.

i need to encrypt the message sent by file adapter( only body/content/data of message was encrypted...but not the header information). So the payload of message will have the encrypt key..

pelase let me know the steps how to implement encryption/decryption in SAP PI70.i had gone through the sdn links..but not able to find exact details. So please help with suggestions...steps to be configure in PI...any java modules.

can i achieve this by file sender/receiver adapter or do i need to use SOAP,XI,Mail adapters...

Thanks in Advance..

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Hello all,

>

> could you please let me know "how to encrypt/decrypt the messages in SAP PI by using Digital certificates"

>

> my requirement is: target file should be encrypted and sent to external FTP.

>

> i need to encrypt the message sent by file adapter( only body/content/data of message was encrypted...but not the header information). So the payload of message will have the encrypt key..

>

> pelase let me know the steps how to implement encryption/decryption in SAP PI70.i had gone through the sdn links..but not able to find exact details. So please help with suggestions...steps to be configure in PI...any java modules.

>

> can i achieve this by file sender/receiver adapter or do i need to use SOAP,XI,Mail adapters...

>

> Thanks in Advance..

Hi Saran,

You can use two different solutions:

1- Install the reliable encryption tool in XI Server and with the help of OS encrypt the file, put it in a temp location in XI server and then pick it and send to receiver and delete the temp file from the XI server.

2- (most popular) - Using Bouncy Castle API's for PGP encryption, develop Adapter Module. This module will contains the parameters like public key location, type of algorithm etc. You can also trace i.e. Error logs that will help while Adapter Monitoring. (http://www.aedaptive.com/index.php/solutions/pgp-for-sap-netweaver)

Edited by: spantaleoni on Jan 12, 2011 4:55 PM