cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ECC 5.0 phase START_SHDI_FIRST

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

On my first trial upgrade from 46C to ECC 5.0 I have been stuck in the START_SHDI_FIRST phase for a week. The shadow instance would not start but I got it started this morning. Now I restart the phase and I get this message in the log:

Internal error, connect parameters are not set correctly.

'startsap' request is to shadow instance,

but connect parameters aren't.

Set environment for standard connect:

ENV: dbs_d4a_schema=SAPR3

ENV: auth_shadow_upgrade=0

In the shadow instance profile the parameter value is set

auth/shadow_upgrade = 1

I can’t be sure that I did not do something to corrupt the process, but has anyone seen this problem and solved it.

Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Pat

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pat,

hope you didn't smash anything now ...

First question:

Why do you go to ECC5 and not ECC6 ?

But then:

I would logon with the sidofr and try the following without restarting the upgrade:

R3UP UPGDIR('/usr/sap/put') PARMLIST('stopshd')

R3UP UPGDIR('/usr/sap/put') PARMLIST('startshd')

Does this work somehow ? If not, you have to analyze the logs (in the joblog, in spoolfiles and last but not least in the work directory of the shadow instance.

Then I would suggest to start the shadow instance and restart r3up - then it will just run through this phase.

Regards

Volker

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Volker;

The Upgrade process did continue. Why is it always such a simple fix? Anyway… I have ECC 6.0 on my desk awaiting some new/fast hardware and I had started the ECC 5.0 to gain experience before attending the Upgrade class.

Have you considered presenting a WEBINAR (or whatever they are called) for the iSeries upgrade covering troubleshooting? I would guess you could get a few of us to subscribe. I certainly do not find the logs of any help so far.

Best Regards,

Pat

Answers (0)