cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to resolve conflict in ID Communication channel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts ,

I am getting conflict while importing a communication channel in QA . Basically we have done a change in Interface determiantion in dev system to get this change refelcted iin QA instead of transporting only interface determination whole config scenario has been transported . Transport got imported succesfully but while activating the change list it failed and shown conflict in Communication channel . Now If in Object tab I select SELECTDSPLAYED VERSION then geeting error merge relation is null if selecting the displayed version then changelist get rejected .in that case it works now but in future also I will not able to make any change in the communication channel and whenever I make change and try to activate it it shows the same version conflict issue .

KIndly help me with your inputs in this regard as sooner or later these transport will be moved to production and I want to keep myself prepared before it goes to production.

Regards,

Saurabh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

0 Kudos

Hello,

We have a similar conflict in one of our systems where we want to delete a BS and it's CCs. Activation is not possible since there seems to be a version inconsistency. The error message is the same "Merge relation is null".

We have raised an OSS case to SAP according to note 1407454 but are still waiting for an answer. Workaround 1 in the note (transport of dummy change) did not work for us but the SQL for workaround 2 yeilded one objectid.

Try checking note 1407454 yourselves.

Regards,

Mikael

RaghuVamseedhar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh Sharma,

Sorry for missing out that, this issue is with ID (Integration Directory)

I think this has gone wrong in your case. Only interface determination has been changed, but, you have imported whole configuration scenario (along with communication channels).

SAP help [Link|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi711/helpdata/en/39/f3103e02db137de10000000a114084/frameset.htm ] . Note the following for communication channels: To avoid messages being sent from a productive system to systems in the test landscape, the Integration Builder only exports a selection of attributes. Therefore, address data (host, port) and access data (user, password) are not contained in the export. In the adapter metadata in the ES Repository, such attributes are flagged as not transportable (they depend on the adapter type and are fixed). Once new objects have been imported, you must add the non-transportable attributes in the target system. These additions are retained in any further import of the object.

FYI. Unlike when importing in the ES Repository, when importing objects to a directory, version management always creates a new version for the objects.

Solution, as you are not able to activate objects in ID (Integration Directory) due to error message, reject them. Export only Interface determination and import it in QA system.

Regards,

Raghu_Vamsee

RaghuVamseedhar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh Sharma,

Recently I have faced this issue in pre-production system. I have activated the version I wanted (correct version).

Version conflict occurs because, when you attempt to activate an object version that does not have the object version that was activated before as its predecessor. OR customer modifies an object that was originally created by SAP. If SAP creates a new version during an upgrade and the customer imports this upgrade.

If you are sure of the changes what you have made, you can go ahead and activate the version you what in Pre-production or Production environment. Please refer [Link 1|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi711/helpdata/en/a4/65993f7717fb47e10000000a114084/frameset.htm] [Link 2|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi711/helpdata/en/44/318d3f7057eb0ce10000000a114084/frameset.htm]

Regards,

Raghu_Vamsee

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Raghu however the link which you have given are telling about IR conflict resolution but not much has been told on ID conflict resolution . However when ever I am trying to activate the active version its throwing the error merge relation is null .

IN worst case I iwll create a new communication channel if any new change is needed .

Regards,

Saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI All,

Any update please share your input if you have faced/resolved version conflict in any ID object .

Regards,

Saurabh