cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disabling the footer in tables

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I have a small annoyance that hopefully can be corrected. I'm on NWDS sp14.

I have a table that displays all of my node elements. My node has 50 elements, but I only want to display one at a time (or a user specific number). I don't want the footer to be visible, so I set that to false, yet it still appears (so the user can still scroll through all 50 elements, no matter how many actual rows are appeared). I notice the footer does not appear only when all 50 elements are shown on 50 rows.

I'm looking for a way to completely disable this footer. I figured if I wanted a footer, I'd set the footerVisible property to true. Is this a bug?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182372
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hung,

That`s right. You can set footer to invisible only if all items present in a table. So, your task is to show only one item and without footer? What is your context structure?

best regards, Maksim Rashchynski.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Awww.

I was hoping I can have that be invisible always. Is it possible to have it invisible if not all items are shown?

My context structure contains several attributes, mostly strings and a few dates.

Reason for this is that I would like the user to start off with only 1 element, and if they want to add more elements, they would click a button "ADD NEW LINE." It would then show the next row, and they can go about entering in more elements, w/o losing any previously entered data.

former_member182372
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hung,

Sorry, didn`t really get you. As you said you have 50 elements, right? But you would show only one and have a button "ADD NEW LINE", right? But which of the 50 element you need to show?

Best regards, Maksim Rashchynski.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If all the elements are NOT displayed, the footer always shows, regardless of the footerVisible property.

It sounds like in your situation, you'll need to use a separate context node for this table - so you can start it off with one element, and add elements as you go based on user action. You'll need to update the visibleRowCount property when you add elements as well.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for all the answers, not the one I was hoping for, but helpful nonetheless.

Thanks guys

Former Member
0 Kudos

What about using a row (or form) of single input fields (not a table) for the editing and a (read-only) table for the display of the already edited rows?

If you bind the input fields to the attributes of the table data source node, they always refer to the lead-selected node element.

To add a new table row, you simply add a new node element, to edit a table row, set the lead-selection to that element.

Armin

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, this is really annoying bug of Web dynpro. Our customers wanted to have a 'custom' made footer, but then it's impossible to disable the original footer. So we have two 'footer' lines for table navigation. Not very nice.

It would be really great if someone finds a solution.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai,

You can set the footerVisible property to false.

and set visibleRowConut to 1

then you can show one row at time.

regards,