cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Alerts - to mail box

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I had configured alerts in ALRTCATDEF and all the steps in alert configuration of RWB were done as per the Blogs.

But when there is an error in MONI, I am not getting the mails to my corporate mail box.

Used the container variables as per SAP Help, used these variables as email text added the fixed recipients in ALRTCATDEF.

In Alert configuration, created alert rule to the Alert category.

Tested with RSALERTTEST program, its working fine and got the mail to the recipients list as per configuration. But, on errors with MONI, I am not getting any mails.

Please suggest me if anything that I am missing.

As per Basis, mail configuration is fine and also SCOT & SU01 are correct, even the PIRWBUSER is having all the sufficient roles.

In our project landscape, we are using PI7.0 ; SPS21. Please pass on you views here. Thanks!!

Regards,

Srikanth V

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Sri,

For your reference, check the note below:

#913858 - XI Alerting: Troubleshooting

Regards,

Caio Cagnani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Caio,

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, I am looking FAQ's in that SAP note. But unable to figure out the solution, as I already checked those points from BASIS point.

regards,

Sri.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sri,

with report SXMSALERT_LOGREADER you should be able to see if an alert was raised and an alert rules matched. As you wrote the test report works then the alert is not triggered somehow.

Regards

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi..

1) I checked the report SXMSALERT_LOGREADER, I can see call to SALRT_CREATE_API and Alert ID created with Rule Name and Alert category which I created.

2) With the report RSALERTDISP I can see the status as 'Delivered'.

3) No red lights in the tcode SLG1.

4) And also Alert Services were active.

5) Report SXMSALERT_PROCESS_DATA_GET is not necessary as we are using SPS21

6) In SM59 RFC connection test is fine for central alert server.

As per the note 913858 and forum discussions, I checked all the above and unable to figure out the error or any solution to my issue.

Regards,

Sri

GabrielSagaya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you post the exact error you're getting in SXMB_MONI?

It's easier for us to know the cause with the specific error.

Regards,

Caio Cagnani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi...

Any error regardless of the description should trigger an alert to my mailbox, that is not happening here.

thanks,

Sri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sri,

do you see the alert in the alert inbox in Runtime Workbench? If RSALERTDISP shows it and your user have been added as recipient of the alert category you should see it. Additionally you can check transaction SOST if an email was created and maybe was not able to be delivered to your mailserver.

Regards

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all for the views,

I can see the success delivery message in SOST, the same I need to check with my basis.

regards,

sri