cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not relevant for billing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have created a sales order type (XXX)which I only use as template for creating other order types.

How du I ensure that orders of type XXX is not relevant for billing. this also means that I don't want it to be a part of vf04 or any other sap reports which shows what i ready for billing.

I know I can set the item categories 'not relevat for billing' and I can set a billing block on the sales order type XXX.

Is this the right way or are there any better ways? My main object is to make sure that this document type dosen't occur in sap standard reports for billing.

Best regards

Jesper Dueholm

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Apart from the settings that you have mentioned, you can make sure that there is NO copy control settings for the reference document types in VTFA and VTFL t.codes. By this way, the billing document can't be created against the reference document type.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shiva

You are right. If I do it like you mentioned then it is not possible to create the billing document, but instead I'll receive an error message when I try to create the invoice. furthermore the sales document would still be displayed in vf04, which I would prefer to avoid.

Best regards

Jesper Dueholm

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In t.code VOV8, put a relevant billing block for the reference sales document type.

Then in VF04, check the box No docs with billing block. Save this as a variant and as the users to use this variant.

By this way, this document can be filtered from the VF04 selection list.

The other option is create a reference sales order first. Then in VOV8, at the top, you can see a field called sales document block. Apply a block here and then test. Applying the block later will not affect the reference document being used, and changing. Just test and update the forum.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If I set the 'sales document block' it only means that it is not allowed to crete furter documents of this type.

Best regards

Jesper Dueholm

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jesper,

In VOV8, in Billing area, just don't mentioned anything for

Dlv-rel.billing type

Order-rel.bill.type

Intercomp.bill.type

Billing block

CndType line items

Billing plan type

Paymt guarant. proc.

Paymt card plan type

Checking group

and then try

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

It dosen't work

Best regards

Jesper Dueholm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear JDU,

did you already analysed the possibility to use quotation to get your obejctive?

An alternative might be use quotation on to reserve stock (reservation purposes) and then create standard order in reference of the quotation.

In this way deliveries and invoices will be then created on top of the standard order flow and the quotation (based on the settings maintained in customizing) will not be visible in any billing due list.

Regards,

Viviana A.