SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IS-U documentation / What is the explanation of Load Profiles & Shapes?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm kinda new on this forum (and in the world of SAP) and was wondering if somebody could help me with the following.

To introduce myself in the world of SAP IS-U I read the sheets and notes of IUT110 (523 pag.) and the document called "MySAP UTILITIES - SAP Functions in Detail" (169 pag.). With the course documents I got the feeling of missing important contextual information the make the theory your own. As for the other document, this gave a good overview, but somethimes felt a bit like a commercial/marketing document.

Does anybody know if there is a good document or manual, which learns you the practical (as in screens, functional and configuration options) basis of SAP IS-U? Or for instance a configuration or implementation guide?

The small question which I'm referring to in the topic is: What's the difference and connection between a "load profile" and a "load shape". It was my guess that the total of laod shapes combined is a (synthetic) load profile, but I'm not sure how those are build up. II tried the seach option in Google and on SCN, but with no luck.

• Edit * I found out that load profiles are energy consumption values from a certain period that are managed in a certain profile category. And measured (elementary) load profiles are called load shapes. But why exactly do they mean by "managed in"? Does it mean converted to a standard (for instance synthetic) profile in this context?

Thanks in advance!

Jeroen Stooker

Edited by: Stookert on Jan 12, 2011 3:56 PM

1 REPLY 1

former_member229976
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have no idea, where the terms come from, but as far as I know also from NON SAP utilities customers the terms are more or less industry specific terms. At least that's what I heard from utulities companies in germany which did not use IS-U so far. But anyway:

load shape: Consumption measured by interval meters that is stored in an elementary profile.

load profile (IS-U): Energy consumption values from a certain period that are managed in a certain profile category (such as an elementary profile).

Basically I'd say, load profile are the profiles that (CAN) store measures of a certain PoD. If the values are stored, you have the load shape for that PoD. I know that might not be 100% exact, but to see the difference it might help.

KR

Uwe