cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bypassing a node in Content Conversion

Former Member
0 Kudos

Searched to no avail.

I have a node in my Idoc that I do not want to be passed to the outputfile in the output file.

Does anyone know how to do this?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

Take a look at this thread..

Hope it helps you!

cheers,

Prashanth

P.S Please mark helpful answers

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member192798
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you want to use the node for some processing but do not want it to be displayed in the output, use Recordset.fixedLengthTooShortHandling = CUT.

Regards.

Praveen

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can do this in your message mapping. do not map the source field / nore to any of the field in the target.

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Use CUT Parameter Option in the content conversion.

for more-

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2005/08/11/solution-to-the-problem-encountered-using-variable-substitution-with-xi-sp12

Or you need to go with Mapping.

Regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

There are two elements in the last segment (the one I am cutting) and they are not written to the file. However, I do get an extra 'nl' character so it appears to have a blank like at the end of the file.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you use CUT in the FCC then there will be a blank line created.

Regards

Vijaya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

Since the mapping will be performed before it reaches the receiver adapter and since you are dealing with an IDoc, if you don't map the source node to the target side(assuming its not a mandatory node), it will not be created altogether.

Bhavesh has already suggested this, any specific reason for not trying it out?

Regards,

Sushumna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sushumna,

I need the data to be able to build the file name so I have to map it to the outbound message. I use the data if the file CC.

Otherwise it wouldn't be a problem.

Regards,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijaya,

How do I get rid of the blank line?

Regards,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

AFAIK you cannot remove the blank line. But please just check the forum if anyone lese was able to do so as this Q has come up a lot of time.

The other alternative is not to map to target structure what you don't need as previously responded in the query.

Regards

Vijaya