cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VAT number determination

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Friends

I am bit confused with the determination of VAT number in the billing header. I have checked the F1 help but still bit confused.

The F1 help explains as below

Where the setting is BLANK, the following standard priority rules apply:

a) If PY has a VAT ID no. and PY <> SP, then tax number and tax classification are taken from PY (SH is no longer relevant in this case). The tax number is taken according to the 'tax destination country'. --> In my case PY has a VAT ID and PY = SP

b) If a) does not apply:

If SH has a VAT reg. no. or if SP has NO VAT reg. no., then the tax number and tax classification are taken from SH. --> SH has a VAT number and SP has a VAT number (same as Payer since Payer and SP are same in this case)

c) If b) also does not apply:

Tax number and tax classification are copied from the sold-to party. The tax number is taken according to the country of the sold-to party.

Which VAT number would system consider? Will it be SH ? as it is contrary to the point a) [as it says if PY <> SP take from PY and SH is no longer relevant, but here PY = SP so will it be SH?

Or b) says SH has a VAT number or if SP has NO VAT number then take it from SH -->will this rule be ignored as in my case SH has a VAT number and SP has ALSO VAT number

Which VAT number will I get in the billing header? Any hints

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is not only about master data maintenanace, there's customizing as well. Please have a look at OSS note 434562.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your time

Yes, it is Blank in the customizing, as per the priority rule which value would system consider in the mentioned scenario?

The delivery plant departure country and the destinatation country as same which is France. In my case system is taking the VAT number from Payer or Sold to party (PY and SP are same, so not sure whether SAP has taken PY or SP here) but I was expecting VAT number of Ship to party should be taken onto the billing header. I am sure why the system did not take SH, help from F1 also didnt clear my question

The note 434562 does not help here as I do not need sold to party VAT always but the correct one.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check Note 329024 - VAT registration number not from sold-to party

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you read OSS note 434562 carefully, you will see that it has a more detailed description about VAT determination than the SAP F1 help - that's why I suggested it.

If the value is blank you can see that SAP uses the VAT number of PY. If the VAT number of PY and SP are the same and you want to make sure which one is picked by the system, you can debug it or you can create a test scenario in your quality system where you use different PY and SP and their VAT numbers are not identical and see which one is determined

Edited by: Csaba Szommer on Jan 12, 2011 12:35 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you

I have actually checked the OSS mentioned by you and infact the terminalogy is same as H1 help except giving two or three more scenarios which does not fall under this case.

I had checked by creating test doc and the result is SH as PY and SP are same

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please refer to the OSS note 872449. This may solve your problem.