cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

integration between SAP ECC and WEBMETHODS using SAP PI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have scenario like i need to fetch three different data from three different tables in SAP ECC system, then it will sent to

WEBMETHODS integration server through SAP PI

-

>is it possible to hit the above requirement through one client proxy as a sender and single receiver xi or soap or http adapter communication channel instead of creating 3 client proxy and 3 receiver communicational channel?if it is possible how it is?

Thanks & Regards,

venkat

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

is it possible to hit the above requirement through one client proxy as a sender and single receiver xi or soap or http adapter communication channel instead of creating 3 client proxy and 3 receiver communicational channel?if it is possible how it is?

Yes.

Use one client proxy and fetch the data from all the 3 tables into a single structure.(Records1,Records2,Records3).

Now if you want to transfer these conetents seperately to 3 different receivers, then use the multimapping(1:3) and use a Single communication channel in the target side if all these are going for a single target else 3 channels if 3 different receivers.

Babu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Babu,

Thanks for your reply. 3 types of DT, MT and MI for both sender side and receiver side, we have 3 message and interface mappings then is it possible to choose the massage mapping at runtime based on key field coming from the sender SAP ECC.

my intension behind this question is if they dont need at a time all the data. they want it in a periodical manner then how we do?

Edited by: venkat1201 on Jan 13, 2011 9:48 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

Sorry for the late reply.

At runtime we can only choose the Interface mapping based on the source payload and source ASMA.

So if u want to choose the message mapping dynamically it should be done via interface mappings only.

So u can have multiple interface mappings for all the three types and choose any one in the interface determination based upon the conditions.

we have 3 message and interface mappings then is it possible to choose the massage mapping at runtime based on key field coming from the sender SAP ECC.

Yes u can. Provide the conditions accordingly in the interface determination.

Babu

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> -

>is it possible to hit the above requirement through one client proxy as a sender and single receiver xi or soap or http adapter communication channel instead of creating 3 client proxy and 3 receiver communicational channel?

Yes of course this is possible. You can combine any data from any SAP tables in one interface.

former_member181985
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Why you need two middlewares? what is the actual end system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

my target system is like a webportal to generate a online propsal

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Hi Experts,

>

> I have scenario like i need to fetch three different data from three different tables in SAP ECC system, then it will sent to

> WEBMETHODS integration server through SAP PI

>

> -

>is it possible to hit the above requirement through one client proxy as a sender and single receiver xi or soap or http adapter communication channel instead of creating 3 client proxy and 3 receiver communicational channel?if it is possible how it is?

>

>

> Thanks & Regards,

> venkat

I think that is not possible, because the method name are fixed in cc receiver... Maybe is possible by using a variable in CC configuration, but i'm not sure.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

thanks for u r quick response. can u plz tell me clearly about variable in cc bcoz i am new to this type of scenarios.

AFAIK we can use the content based routing in recever determination.

in the above post i was not mentioned exactly which adapter i will used. i have confusion which one is better, so in which adapter we need to provide the method name in recever side, is it needed?.

i read blog : /people/abhy.thomas/blog/2007/04/19/sap-xi--webmethods-integration-150-challenges-and-migration-strategies in that there is a another adapter called as webmethod xi adapter it is in web methods(when they used this adapter we need to use xi adapter in pi) i dont know it work for pi7.1

so frds please give me inputs

thanks

venkat

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

in one of my projects we used SOAP adapter to integrate PI7.1 with webmethods.

This is a detailed article about use of WM XI adapter:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/10748ef7-b2f0-2910-7cb8-c81e7f284...

you will have to check with the wM team about compatibility of the adapter with PI7.1 .... may be if some plugin is available (or newer version of the adapter) you can do it.

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abishek,

Thanks for your reply i already read that document in that document he is clearly mentioned like this

Applies to:

SAP Exchange Infrastructure (SAP NetWeaver Process Integration 7.0). i already talk with that team they will take care off that things

my question is like single instance of communication is satisy that requirement?becoz sender is same and receiver is same.