cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interest on Security Deposits

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a question on Interest on Security Deposits. Eventhough locks are set in master data (contract accounts) interest has been calculated and also some of the contract accounts already received the interest on security deposits at the time of final settlement and again it calculated in the year end not sure why ?

Please if anybody faced this type of issue if yes please share your experiences.

Awaiting your reply.

Thanks in advance.

Srinivas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Interest is calculating again....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Resolved the issue with technical help.

Thanks to all.

Thanks & Regards

Srinivasa Chary

former_member213733
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Can you please share , how have you resolved this ?

Regards ,

Dewang T

former_member213733
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Kindly check the entries under the View V_TFK056S - please check for the particular intrest key what is the control have you kep for the same . Have you kept the lock for intrest lock for periodic processing or not ?

Secondly take one case go to CAA3 and check the validity of the intrest lock as to where it is valid from and to what date .

Kindly check and revert back .

Regards ,

Dewang T.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Trivedi for your immediate reply, I checked the table TFK056S, there are 2 locks one is Item not eligible for interest and another one is Disputed item and also checked in Master data of Contract Account (CAA3) for few contract accounts there are locks and few contract accounts its not there but when we run (Mass) year end system calculcated the interest for small amount like 0.85 or 1.26 etc., like that around 692 contract accounts I don't know why ?.

I didn't see any validty date or period for interest locks in contract account master data.

Could you please update more on this.

Awaiting your reply.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Srinivas

former_member213733
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi srinivas,

As you have mentioned that in table TFK056S you are having 2 enties , please check what is the settings selected for the 2 entries is it " Lock for all types of Intrest calculation " ?

Secondly in CAA3 you can view the validity by clicking on the icon next to the Intest lock field .

check and revert back .

Regards ,

Dewang T.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dewang,

I have checked the CAA3 and field INTEREST KEY is blank and INTEREST LOCK is Item not eligible for interest. moreover I have seem many number of contract accounts all are locked and also moved out couple of years back only and at that time they have returned the security deposit and now their security deposit status is showing as "RETERUNED".

I didn't understand why its calculated interest and posted to FPL9, is there any config change ?

Please let me know if you have any idea on this.

Thanks & Regards

Srinivas

william_eastman
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Srinivas:

If you calculate interest on deposits, and an interest key can be determined, then the system will try to calculate interest every time you run mass interest calc. Due to amount limits or time limits (i.e. only at least a year, etc), interest might not get calculated each time for a particular account, but as time goes by, and if the client still retains the deposit then it is possible that the interest will pass the minimum thresholds and generate an interest posting.

If you still have questions, then i would suggest reversing one and trying it in manual mode with debug in the various interest events for FICA.

regards,

bill.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you bill and I will test it accordingly.

Thanks & Regards

Srinivasa Chary

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use these function modules FKK_SAMPLE_2005 or FKK_SAMPLE_2005_ind(Indial Localization)

Regards,

Janardhan