Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to unlock Users in client from a different client

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have multiple clients in our SAP system. Users which are in one client are not created in other client.

The issue is that one of the user has locked his account due to incorrect login attempts. We dont have any other user in the same client with which we can login and unlock the account. We have access to some other user in some other client of the same system.

Is there a way to unlock the user in that client from some other client.

Thanks,

Tirth

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Bernhard_SAP
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

We dont have any other user in the same client with which we can login and unlock the account. We have access to some other user in some other client of the same system.

You should have the SAP*-special features available.

You have abap possibility.

You have DB-tools possibility.

b.rgds, Bernhard

17 REPLIES 17

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tirthi,

All the user data will be client specific. No user can not be unlocked from different client.

If you have CUA configured, and the specific client is child system then you can unlocked or reset the user passwords from master client.

Cheers,

Bharath.

Bernhard_SAP
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

We dont have any other user in the same client with which we can login and unlock the account. We have access to some other user in some other client of the same system.

You should have the SAP*-special features available.

You have abap possibility.

You have DB-tools possibility.

b.rgds, Bernhard

0 Kudos

What could be the ABAP possibility??

0 Kudos

...well, a little report selecting from usr02 for the corresponding client, updating the uflag field to 0 and writing it back to usr02....

Of ocurse this is bypassing any change docs etc. and not usabel for productive environements, but for emergency usage in dev/tst I think its ok.....

b.rgds, Bernhard

0 Kudos

Hi Bernhard,

Thanks, Problem solved.Its just a sandbox system, wrote a code snippet and it worked.

Thanks,

Tirth

0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use SAP* to login to that client. You can check from database level if profile parameter login/no_automatic_user_sapstar is set to 0 (=default value). If it does, you can login to that client with password PASS.

In case its set to 1, you have to stop SAP, change this parameter to a value of 0 (zero), and then restart SAP to login with SAP* using password PASS

Thanks

Sandipan

0 Kudos

You can check from database level if profile parameter login/no_automatic_user_sapstar is set to 0 (=default value).

Profile parameters do not reside in the database. I suspect Sandipan meant O.S. level.

0 Kudos

Right!..thanks for the catch

0 Kudos

Hi,

Your solution worked, and helped me  a lot..

I set the login/no_automatic_user_sapstar to  0 and, re started the instance.

then loggedin to client 000 using SAP* and the password PASS

ps: the sustem was not connected to CUA.

0 Kudos

Hi,

i have the username and password for the client 230(suppose) but i have to login into the 210 cllient. i don't know the password for client 210. i know only the username. Please suggest that how to login into 210 client.

Thanks,

Pankaj

0 Kudos

Cant you read or are you too lazy?

0 Kudos

I didnt get the relevent reply for my query thats why i post again.

0 Kudos

Just review this post from top to bottom, you will get your answers.

0 Kudos

And also it's not necessary nor a good idea to cross-post ().

beyhan_meyrali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Open tcode dbacockpit on any other client and go to SQL Editor and run

To check data

select * from USR02 where bname = 'XXXXX'

To fix data

update USR02 set uflag = '0' where mandt = '010' and bname = 'XXXXX'

commit

And a small dbacockpit tutorial by me .