A- Domestic:

ZXP1 u2013 Individual Shipment

ZXP2 u2013 Collective Shipment

B- Exports:

TCEX3- Individual Shipment

TCE4- Collective Shipment

I wish to create the following variants:

A- Domestic

ZXV1- Individual Shipment u2013 Next Day delivery (24 hours)

- Berlin, same day picking, delivery the following day in Germany

ZXV2- Individual Shipment- Standard Delivery (48- 72 hours)

- Berlin, same day picking, delivery within 48 to 72 hours in Germany

B- Export

ZXV3- Individual Shipment u2013 Next Day delivery (24 hours)

- Berlin, same day picking, delivery the following day in Europe

ZXV4- Individual Shipment- Standard Delivery (48- 72 hours)

- Berlin, same day picking, delivery within 48 to 72 hours in Europe

I have been to the following section: "Maintain Standard Selection Variants for Shipment Lists" however got bogged down as to how to create a variant from there.

Can anyone indicate me the path to create them?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Kind regards

Chris

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

a) Create selection varian:

option1: SE38 + SAPLV56L --> choose "Variants" button --> type the ID of the variant and click on the create button

option2: VT01N --> if you are within a shipment clcik on "Select Deliveries" button --> give selection criteria and save

option3: SPRO > Logistics Execution > Transportation > Shipments > Define Shipment Types - enter one of your shipment type, go to field V_TVTK-SVTRA ("Selection var.") --> give the ID of the variant + click on button "Maintn"

b) Assignment of selection variant to shipment type

--> see option3 above...

Edited by: Csaba Szommer on Jan 12, 2011 9:52 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Csaba,

Many thanks for your very useful input on variants.

I have created all my variants using SE38.

I have attached the variant to the original shipping document type.

I then go to VT01N, and select:

- Transportation Planning Point

- Shipment type

- Variant

The system opens up a pop-up window showing me all the field selection I previously made from the variant creation.

I am happy with what I see, however when I process the variant, it doesn't bring out any delivery previously created.

Why is that?

Thanks again for your help.

Chris

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Chris, very purpose of shipment type and selection variant assignment in customizing is to eliminate the manual selection of the variant in VT01N - so, if the proper variant is assigned to your shipment type in customizing, there's no need to define it (variant) again in VT01M (where you enter the transportation planning point and shipment type).

If you want to assign deliveries to your shipment and using your variant no delivery is selected it is a different problem. You should revise your selection criteria as well as the deliveries (are they relevant to transportation?, are they already assigned to a shipment? etc)

After the selection run, you will find a "selection log" button, which may help.

Edited by: Csaba Szommer on Jan 12, 2011 1:47 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would not recommend assigning selection variant to shipment type unless you are really sure that the variant will not change.

That is because shipment type is customizing setup moved via transports. So any change in the selection variant will require change management process to move setup from development system to production.

Instead, you can also have a look at maintaining variants for VT04. The same selection variant you can predefine there. Also you can put shipment type, transportation planning point and other predefined data for your shipment creation.

This also allows you to freely change selection variants whenever you like.

Regards,

Dominik Modrzejewski

Answers (0)