cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purchase org for an user in SRM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Could you please eloborate the way to retrive the purchase organisation details for an user ID in EBP system.

I cannot retrieve them using doc change BAdi structures as i am in the intiital screen where i cannot have item details.

When we tried using BBP_read_attributes the attribute ID is not maintained. Only i can get company code deatils,

Any other table responsible to get the purchase org from company code.

You fast responses are most appreciated.

Regards

Geetha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Geetha,

Try function module BBP_OM_DETERMINE_RESP_PGRP.

Regards,

Donald

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Donald,

But with only User ID i cant get the details of Purchase org or Group..

I dont have atttribure set up for purchase org in my Org structure.

ANy other way..

Regards

Geetha

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Explore this input parameter BADI BBP_PGRP_ASSIGN_BADI

--

FM to read product category BBP_CATEGORY_READ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Geeta,

Try the FM BBP_OM_DETERMINE_RESP_PGRP

Thanks

Iftekhar Alam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you confirm the parameters needs to be passed other than user ID

Regards

Geetha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Geeta,

IS_OBJECT-OT = US

IS_OBJECT-OBJID = <userid>

thats it

Thanks

Iftekhar Alam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am sorry.

These details are not retrieving any entries.

I entered IS_OBJECT-OT = US

IS_OBJECT-OBJID = GKOLANK

Regarrds

Geetha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you to all,

As we dont have other alternative we tried creating custom FM to retrive the Purchase org details for an user.

BBP_OM_DETERMINE_RESP_PGRP will work probably if the relative Badi BBP_PGRP_ASSIGN_BADI is active.

As we dont have any active method for this Badi i cannot use the above FM.

anyways really appreicate your responses.

Regards

Geetha

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

If for a user based on his purchasing group if you want to restrict product categries, then it has to be done in PPOMA_BBP. in the extended attributes you will be able to specify what product category is available for the user.

Cheers, Prabhu

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I dont remember the table . go to BBP_PD transaction for the shopping cart (BUS2121) and search organisation data and click the organisation data .Here you can see what is the reference purchase group and purchase organisation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you. BBP_PDBEI is the table generally contains this org data. But here in this i havent creared the cart it self i am in intital screen SC full functionality where i dont have Item Guid generated at this case i need the Purchase org of the user.

Regards

Geetha

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> Hi,

>

> Thank you. BBP_PDBEI is the table generally contains this org data. But here in this i havent creared the cart it self i am in intital screen SC full functionality where i dont have Item Guid generated at this case i need the Purchase org of the user.

>

>

>

>

> Regards

> Geetha

I did not understand this statement

where i dont have Item Guid generated at this case i need the Purchase org of the user

In the shopping cart , product category determines purchase group, purchase group determines the Purchase organisation.

click BELOW you will come to know the tables related to org data in the shopping cart

Organizations:

Proc_Org Proc_Group Proc_Org_Resp

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The requirement is i need to filter product categories search help based on purchase organisation. I am in SC full functionality screen and if i enter descritpion and try to search product categroies i can be able to see few product categories ( given by the user) instead of all categories.

In this aspect we were able to control the product categories search help using customised table but to restrict this at org level is not possible, because these details Proc_Org Proc_Group Proc_Org_Resp will get populated withOrg details only when we click on "Details" button in the SC where ITem Guid will be generated. If we are in initial screen Header details are only existing.

Thats the reason why we want to go tables approach that using the USer ID is it possible to get the purchase organization.

Your suggestions are appreciated.

Regards

Geetha

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Learnt that there are some department wanted to order only ELECTRONICS related product category.

Mobilephone

wireless

Electrochem

The above only...

--

you dont want to order another product category in the above listed.

Correct if i wrong. If the REQUESTER inherited all the product category in the EXTENDED attributes, he/she can order whatever he likes . but if he did not inherit he may not order and system throws error message.

--

The standard design determine the Purchase group after REQUESTER selected a product category upon the Organisation structure RESPONSIBLE tab in the Purchase Group

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes,

The requirement is same. But before the user selects the product category I need org details.

How this is possible...

Regards

geetha

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Aha..

I believe no way. Let us wait for others suggestions.