cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System Availability

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

I would like to hear your suggestion on the below scenario.

We have 3 app server and in sm51 we can see the system availability. Also we can identify the CI with the message type, since enque service is only in the CI and also the status of the other app server as well.

Is there any other function module or table or report which explicitly differentiate the CI and app server ?

Please suggest me

Regards

Raj

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

nirmal_konchada
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Your message server hostname s your CI server.

You can check this in trnx SMMS.

Regards,

Nirmal.K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nirmal,

Thanks for your suggestion.

Also we were checking the function module TH_SERVER_LIST which shows the list of available servers.

In that, we noticed the field MS - MSGTYPE has value "BF" for the central instance. Just to confirm we have checked few other landscape, every PRD system has the value "BF" for CI. Now we explictly know that the server which has the value BF for MS is the CI and rest are the App servers.

Do you have any clue on what "BF" refers to ? Please help.

Regards

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Raj,

You can check values like BF with the function module TH_SERVER_TYPE, just pass 'BF' or another value to the function and you will see which process types correspond to this internal code (SPOol, DIAlog, ENQue, ...).

There is no real description of the values because they are the result of a kernel call.

TH_SERVER_TYPE will help you however.

I hope this helps.

Wim Van den Wyngaert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Wim,

It refers to CI with corresponding work proccesses. Thank you for your suggestion.

@Nirmal - Thanks for your responce.

Regards

Raj