Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

scanned PDF to xml

muhammed_nishad
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All

Please let me know whether we can convert scanned pdf to xml . please let me know the steps how can we do that?

Regards

Nishad

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'll quickly explain that PDF is an international standard for representing documents in digital format. It is very complete, giving the ability to represent everything on a page, whether images, tables, text, or whatever. The documents are usually smaller than the native file, making them easier to transport, while still reliably delivering the actual page image. It also offers the ability to sign the document, which also encrypts it.

Do you want to convert a scanned PDF to xml because you want to display it in a browser? If so, we've found that jPDFNotes is a component that can easily be integrated into applications or applets, to display PDF documents in a browser.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I don't think you can convert a Scanned Documents into a PDF document.

Regards,

Sainath Chutke

muhammed_nishad
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sainath

I want to convert scanned pdf to xml

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think the requirement u have is difficult to achieve as you want to access the Scanned copy of a PDF file.

If it is a ordinary PDF File then you can easily access.

Is it possible for you to give the functional Details of the interface so that someone here can provide you the

alternate solutions...

Babu

0 Kudos

hi,

in our company we have a solution for that but it involves additional systems, no only PI, scanned documents (as PDF or TIFF) are sent to an OCR software (we use Teleform) and converted to Text files. The Text files will be then converted to XML (and finally to an IDOC) by a Java Mapping in SAP PI.

regards

Marcos

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

there are many ways to achive that for example with the use of an SAP conversion agent in the adapter module

please try to search the forum as this topic was already mentioned many times

thank you,

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

muhammed_nishad
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Michal

I read that it was PDF to xml. I am not sure whether there is any difference if it is scanned file because it will be in image format .I am not sure if there is any difference

Regards

Sandeep

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

if scanned or not the approach seems to be strange

if some system is able to generate a scanned doc then it has to be able to generate some other output right ?

so why use the pdf ? maybe it's better to tell that PI cannot ready that even if it's not the truth but to get real quality data

in a normal format ?

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

muhammed_nishad
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

They are taking the PDF and manually scanning

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> They are taking the PDF and manually scanning

Could you explain, what the leeters PDF stand for?

Usually a PDF is an electronic document in a specific format.

But you cannot scan an electronic document, so I think you mean something different.

When you want a solution for a question, you should explain the whole scenario, so what should be done with the document, how should the XML look like, where should to go to, what data are inside and so on.