cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inbound Delivery

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Professionals,

I would like to check with you when does a Transfer Order refer to an Inbound Delivery.

PO --> Inbound Delivery ---> GR and or Transfer Order

I ask because my understanding is Transfer Order is to move goods within the warehouse for Picking in an Outbound process.

Is there a typo such that the Transfer Order should be a Stock Transport Order?

Cheers

Pascal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Tranfer order is medium through which we carry out stock placement or stock removal. Generally transfer orders comes in picture wherever warehouse movements are involved.

During stock placement, inbound delivery has two status Putaway status and warehouse Managed status.

Intially both these status are set to A which means nothing is processed yet and transfer order are not created.

When we create transfer order, put away status chnages to C (means picking is completed) and warehosue status changes to B (which means partially processed). Now we confirm the transfer order which changes WM status to C which means that confirmation dialog is completed and we can do post goods reciept.

Br,

Tushar

Edited by: Tushar Patankar on Jan 12, 2011 12:22 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Tusha,

When creating a transfer order, the 'put away status' changes to C (picking is completed). So, does this mean that In a goods receipt situation, when receiving goods, Picking is also applicable ? So, when processing GR, goods is received and Picked to place in storage locations?

I asked because I assumed Picking was for Outbound only. Kindly confirm.

Thanks.

Pascal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Pascal,

Yes, once the tarsnfer is created the PUT AWAY status chnages to C if same is activated. It means that it automatically chnage to C which means put away is completed.

This means that now the material is placed in the interim storage type, before it is finally placed in the actual storage type and Bins.

Generally, it is two step procedure, where the goods are first placed in iterim storage types, and then finally placed in actuall storage type/bins.

Also some times this is useful when you have do packing of materials before they are finally placed, so the this packing (handling unit management) can be done along with confirmation of transfer orders and then we do the goods reciept.

Picking concept is used durng stocks removals and put away concept is used during stock placements.

Br,

Tushar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Guru.

To conclude, TO has to be processed and then GR posted and its not that both can be done concurrently or independently?

Why I ask is because the diagram I am seeing shows from inbound delivery, 2 arrows come out of it - one for GR and one for TO.

regards

Pascal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Pascal,

To confirm on the diagram point,

Regarding 1st arrow from inbound delivery towards goods reciept.

This applicable when your storage location is not warehouse managed. This means that you do not have to goods movement within your warehouse.In this case, When you create inbound delivery, you have to go to stock placement tab and enter the quantoty directly in put away qty field and save the inbound delivery. Now you go to VL32N and do the post goods reciept.

This is applicale for non stock products, which are generally used for cross docking and third party sales processes.

Business scenarios like cross docking, where there is no goods movement within warehosue and goods send by vendor comes out side your factory gate and from there only you deliver it to customer.

So transfer order is not involved in such cases. And then it justifies the first arrow, which Inbound delivery----> to Goods reciept.

Now the second arrow which points towards, Tranfer order from inbound delivery;

In this case transfer order is involved as you have to goods movement within your warehouse. This is aplicable for stock items which you store in your warehouse and deliver it to your end customer as and when require.

Yes definately, to do the goods reciept for stock items which are warehouse managed, you have first do the put away, then confirm the transfer order and finally do the Post Goods Reciept.

Br,

Tushar

Answers (0)