cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Whether Pack of stock & stock in transit tracking is possible in HUM?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We here my cuctomer requirement in such way that whenever they do PGI stock in transit should be shown ( and COGS should not hit) and apart from stock in transit , packs of stock ( assume there are 10 material stocks in one bundle, pack) need to be tracked in order to know the goods movement status like how many packs/bundles reached and on the basis of this only billing will happen...

kindly le me know how this will be adressed in SAP?

regards,

Sanju

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sanjana

PGI means goods physically moving out of the factory premises.

At this point of time, COGS Account will surely be hit. That is the functionality of PGI.

Modifying this with Transation keys/Account modfiers is NOT advisable, unless there is really NO other alternative for your requirement.

Find out, what your client exactly wants.

Stock in transit, can be viewed in MB5T.

Pls revert with feedback.

Rgds

Sumanth.Gururaj

Consultant/Systems Analyst - SAP SD/MM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sumant,

We can modify the PGI accounts then COGS account will not hit during PGI , see the earlier SAP threads on the same..

regards,

Sanjana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Then, at what point of time, do you want the system to consider the goods to be sold?

Rgds

Sumanth.Gururaj

Consultant/Systems Analyst- SAP SD/MM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Just try to understand why this configuration is required in companies, some client wants the COGS and customer billing account should hit simultenously at the time of billing in order to have proper trail balance.. try to see earlier SAP threads on the same..

regards,

Sanju

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sanjana

As you may be aware, accounting entry takes place in two places.

1) PGI Stage

2) When the customer settles the invoice.

Now, the customer may settle the invoice, taking his own sweet time, or depending upon the payment terms, or many other factors.

So, in this case, how does it make sense for the client for NOT considering COGS for this customer?

Inventory account is debited.... right?

Yes, I got what you said. But, think, about the above mentioned case too.

Awaiting you thoughtful response on the above.

Rgds

Sumanth.Gururaj

Consultant/Systems Analyst - SAP SD/MM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sumanth,

Sanjana is saying right and she is asking the practical problem, I think you need to convey the answers rather than asking cross questions, see the below thread for more details

regards,

Archana