cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LAYMOD01

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

We were trying to create an extension for LAYMOD01 IDoc. But we were getting an error. We found that we were unable to extend the IDoc because there was an entry in the field gen. in the table EDBAS for message type LAYMOD. When i deleted that entry in the table, the Idoc could be extended and our requirements solved easily. I just wanted know if there can be an issue with extending the Idoc this way.

Thanks in advance!!

Regards,

Rakesh

Edited by: rakeshjain_hit on Jan 13, 2011 6:32 PM

Edited by: rakeshjain_hit on Jan 14, 2011 5:19 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I looked at our system in table EDBAS and found that nearly 50% of the entries do not have the field GENERATED checked. I think if the IDOC is manually created, this field will be blank. This may be the reason for your message during extension. However, the functionality of IDOC type does not depend on this field. But during Enhancement Pack application or upgrade time, you may have to update this field again.

Thanks,

Venu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Venu,

Yes the entry for generated field is missing for all the IDocs that have BAPI associated with them. And as you said we would need to update the entry again during upgrade. Hence we are going ahead with the option of creating a ZLAYMOD01 and use it accordingly, so as to avoid updating entries again and again after an upgrade.

Thanks for your reply.

Regards,

Rakesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Venu,

I had one query. I activated the change pointers for this Idoc type. But found that when we were genrating the IDocs using WLSE, it was working fine even after deleting the change pointer entries in BDCP2 table. Cant we create these only if there is some change in layout data values?

Thanks & Regards,

Rakesh Jain

Answers (0)