Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enabling Pop Up Blocker Refreshes the Application

vipin_v2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Greetings!

I have developed an application which contains few input fields wherein user can enter the data and on clicking of submit button i am passing these values as an input parameters to an EJB model and later fetching the output values and displaying them in a table.

Here i have also implemented export to excel functionality using poi.jar files wherein i am saving the excel sheet' s datasource inside an value attribute of type "com.sap.ide.webdynpro.uielementdefinitions,Resource" and at the time when user clicks on the button - "Export to Excel" i caling the method which creates the excel sheet in required format and i am also calling this value attribute 's download method i.e., <value attribute>.download();

And everything works fine expect with the fact that once user clicks on submit button data gets populated into the table and on click of export to excel button a pop up blocker comes up and on right click and selecting download option the screen gets refreshed and all the values which user entered in the inputfields and the table which existed in the table gets disapeared and here user is forced to click on submit button once again.

Here it would be very helpful if any one can give a solution on how i can (retain/ sustain) the values which existed in the input fields and table even post selecting the download option from the pop up blocker' s option, with out the need of clicking on submit button all again.

Thanks in Advance,

Vipin.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

You can not control refreshing of IE it from WD.

Add your website to allow pop up--

tools>internet options>privacy>pop-up blocker settings > add website to allow popup.

Regards

Deepak

former_member185879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Vipin,

I hope its a problem in IE Settings. you can do one thing, ask the user to select

1. "Always allow pop-up from this site" or

2. in the Tools>Internet Options>Security Tab>Internet>Custom Level button there ask them to enable all the options in the Downloads Section.

Hope it helps.

Regards

Nizamudeen SM