Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Planning Area Horizon Extension Alternatives

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus:

I hope you can guide my desordered mind with some answers:

1) Where abouts is the link between a Planning Area and its corresponding Calendar (normal one, not Fiscal)

2) In /sapapo/msdp_admin, how can I create new buckets in order to extend the horizon in a "controled" way (I mean exactly the quantity of buckets I want to create, with a certain limit).

3) Is there any way to extend that horizon without eliminating the whole time series and creating them again? (cause this way, as you know info is deleted and the whole back up thing is too heavy).....I mean....how can I just add up some time series at the end of the horizon (a new year, a new month, 6 extra months...etc)

Thanks a lot for your mercy on a crazy brain, cause lets be honest....to be so passionate for APO, we are all mad. =D

Bren

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If I understood correctly, you have sufficient validities in the Storage bucket profile attached to the plannign Area ( and also for viewing/planning - Planning bucket profile in the p;anning book/data view) and now you want to create rollijg time series buckets

on a periodci basis, to create new time series objects say for a new bucket (weekly/ monthly) .

For example a typical storage bucket profile will have all the periodcities required ( typcially Week, Month, Year , Posting period with Fiscal Year variant for DP and additionally "Day" for SNP) and this will be valid from 2 years in past to say next 10/15 years in future.

From within /SAPAPO/MSDP_ADMIN transaction, we can create new time series objects and we need to give complete date range. System checks and only creates new time series objects for the newer period and simualtaneusly , if necessary, delet the oldest period time series. The program can be run in background with variants in which dates get automatically updated.

Regards

Datta