Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple shipments for one delivery?

harikrishnan_m
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

i got an answer from same forum, bt confused with the answer...one of the experts answers was ...yes we can have many shipments for 1 delivery(Control outside of SAP). I dint get really wht meant by outside SAP.

If its possible to have many shipments in 1 delivery, whether any config has to be done?? if yes how...Any one pls elaborate!!!

Thanks

Hari

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All!

Could someone please explain me how to create several shipments for one delivery?

harikrishnan_m
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is very much possible to have more than one shipment for a single delivery. There are various such cases.

1. Imagine a case where in direct shipment (shipment directly to customer), the delivery quantity is 100tonnes while the shipment truck capacity is only 20tonnes. In this case, 5 shipments are needed at minimum.

2. The partial delivery case is another case and is described already.

3. In case of transportation chain, it is possible to create a shipment of preliminary leg type and another of main leg and the third shipment of subsequent leg type for a single delivery.

So it is possible to create multiple shipments for a delivery for various process related issues.

Former Member
0 Kudos

"Outside SAP" means functionallly.

I've recently answered this query. Pls search the forum.

Yes, we can very much have multiple shipments for one delivery.

Consider , a delivery is made for 10 different line items.

In Av. Chk, only 2 line items are confirmed.

We can do partial PGI for these 2 line items & go ahead with the process of shipments, invoice, etc etc..

When the rest are confirmed, we can do partial PGI in VL06 & carry on with shipments.

Another case,

If a single shipment demands, rounded quantity, we have to do multiple shipments.

So, depending upon the business case, multiple shipments may be required for a single delivery.

Rgds

Sumanth.Gururaj

Consultant/Systems Analyst - SAP SD/MM