cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

using 05 inspection type, all the materials moves to inspection lot

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SAP Gurus,

Using the 05-inspection type in material master for by product material, all the material goes to inspection lot.

how to control the inpection lot movement, i have set a plan that the inspection will be carried through a workcenter,but it moves all the materials to inspection lot.

Since all the materials are moving to inspection lot, i have changed my inpsection type to 02 (goods issue), but the problem is, i couldn't able to record the results for the created inspection lot.

Kindly guide me and correct my process flow,

Thanks in advance

Thanks and Regards,

R.Diwakar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

kiran_kumar179
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear did you assigned multiple materials to IP and also check did you activated 05 inspection type for all materials in MM QM view?

Cheers

KK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Guru,

Thanks for your reply

I have checked the inspection plan and the material master (quality view) for 05 -inspection type ; are all maintained.

Thanks and Regards,

R.Diwakar

kiran_kumar179
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear i have not understanding your issue you are saying inspection type 05 assigned for coproduct but all materials are posting QI what do you mean by all materials?

If assign 05 inspection type for all materials then all materials will be posted to QI.

Cheers

KK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Guru,

Thanks for your response

Sorry for not so clear ....

My scenario is that, the user requires to have a inspection lot for their By-Product. during the production order, after manufacturing say 30000 material, for them the 30000 material should directly posted to the unrestricted usage and a sample maerial should go to inspection lot, where same will be inspected and transfered to unrestricted usage, through QA32.

Based on their requirement, i have set the inspection type -05 in material master and a workcenter specifically created for the quality testing, so that a sample quantity can be produced and flows to the inpection lot,

but it doesnt works,the produced materials are all going to inspection lot.

Kindly guide me on this,

Thanks in advance

R.Diwakar

kiran_kumar179
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear it seems you haven't mapped the by product concept in system first take the help of a PP consultant follow these steps

1.create a BOM for header material in that give the by product component in negative sign with quantity based on header material base quantity along with other components.

2.In by probuct material master QM view activate 05 inspection type.

3.when ever you are doing GR for header material (MT 101) for components 261 and for by product 531(Which is also GR for by product in unrestricted stock)

4.As you have assigned 05 inspection type for byproduct it will post the stock in QI.

In your case the sample qunatity what you are saying is a byproduct qunatity for this you need first MM and In header material you have to define that by product quantity.

Check and Revert.

Cheers

KK

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you want to achieve both the things simultaneously then there is a ways ..............

1.You have activated 05

2.In QM view --> Inspection type "Remove tick of post to Inspection"

3.This will generate the Inspection lot but QTY will move to Unrestricted.

4.Now suppose out of 30000 , only 3 samples you want Inspect then go to QA32 ,in stock posting screen you can put 3 QTY either sample or scrap etc etc

5.What exactly happens is Qty actually moves from the Unrestricted to sample or scrap etc & not from QI

I hope this will solve your purpose...............

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I can't check on a system right now, but look at the following two options.

1. In the material master set the stock to post to unrestricted in the inspection type set up. Create one of the tests in the plan as destructive testing and assign the sampling plan. I think it will than post say 29995 to unrestricted and 5 to sampling. I can't remember but i think on the ud screen you can change the posting from scrap to unrestricted.

2. Again set the material master master as above. Use physical samples and and assign the proper sampling procedure. Create your samples as reserve samples. Again the reserves should be in QI where I think you can post them back into unrestricted instead of reserves.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very very much....

Thanks for your reply....

Now my 30000 qty moves to unrestricted and a inspection lot generated, but unfortunately the inspection lot is in the status - CRTD CHCR SPRQ (Unable to do the result recording and UD) - kindly guide me....

I have checked the Inspection lot for assigning the Task list but there also error popped up as "There is no specification for this material"

I have checked the Material specification in Inspection plan QA02 for respective material - its available with work center.

I have checked the Material master for tick to Inspection with matrl spec,Check char and Automatic assignmnt - is already done.

Kindly guide and help me on this......

Thanks in advance

Thanks and regards,

R.Diwakar

Former Member
0 Kudos

CRTD for sure is due to Task list not available

Now

1.Make sure that you have either ticked on the inspection with Task list or with material specs

2.If material specs then make sure that date of creation of material specs is prior to that of the creation of Inspection lot.same with the task list

3.Check in QS61 material specs is in place.

Also make sure that in QA02 material spec is available & in sample tab you also clicked on sample.both "inspection specification " & " sample " are gray fields

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very very much

Dear SAP Guru,

My issue resolved, i have checked the said points and one thing i have found that the Usage - 01 QA02 in the Inspection lot differes from the Inspection plan QP01 usage - 05.

From my repeated trials, found that, if the Usage differs from the Inpsection plan then automatic assignment of Material specification will not occur.

Thanks and Regards,

R.Diwakar

Answers (0)