cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

catalog default product category

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ppl,

We are on SRM 7.0 and in the process of connecting to a punch-out catalog. My question is:

-Can we default a specific product category for all the shopping carts coming from the catalog?

The catalog has many products and product categories listed. But irrespective of the product the user chooses, the shopping cart should always be defaulted with the same product category.

I realize that we can use the BADI (catalog_transfer) for this purpose. I do not want to use the BADI--can we configure this without BADI?How?

Please let me know.

Thanks

T

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

External supplier catalog does not know your product category code. If product category form external supplier catalog dose not exist in SRM, user default category is selected in SC. If you have customized category mapping like UNSPSC, you can delete the category mapping entries.

What is a business reason why you do not map external supplier category to your internal category? Most of customers would like to map it.

Regards,

Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks,Masa.

Reason is that we just want to demonstrate the test catalog and hence need to do without the mapping etc.

User default category--is this set in PPOMA_BBP in extended attributes?

So,will there be no error if there is no mapping? I always thought, that the system will throw an error for unknown product category.

Please let me know.

Thanks

T

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes. Application shows some warning or information message if transfered category does not exist.

If it is big issue, you can implement BADI or Category mapping.

Regards,

Masa

Answers (0)