cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vendor Synchronization - BBP_VENDOR_SYNC with different backend system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

SRM Gurus,

I am implementing SRM 5.0 system rollouts with SAP 4.6c.

We have SRM production system which has connected with 2 different back end systems. I am implementing the next release with 3rd back end system.

In SRM production system we have scheduled the program u201CBBP_VENDOR_SYNCu201D for vendor master synchronization.

My Question is:-

The SAP R/3 system vendor masters number ranges are not in sequence order, say for example 800000789, 810000789, 900000089 and 600000980 etc. in my R/3 system is very old system and it has lots of data which is not required to bring our shared SRM system.

My requirement is I need to update or create only SRM vendors from R/3 system using BBP_VNEDIR_SYNC. Or is there any other way to do this?

Before I post this question and I found one BADI " BBP_TRANSDATA_PREP" will that hlep this? Is that any other way other than using this BADI?

Thanks,

Senthil.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rafael_rhoden
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Senthil,

BBPGETVD is a transaction for initial replication of Business Partners. It should ideally be a one time activity. BBPGETVD can also be scheduled as a job to run in the background if you have vendors being created on and often at your R/3 system and you can schedule the BBPGETVD to run once in 15 days or as per your convenience. This can be achieved using the report BBP_VENDOR_GET_DATA_JOB which in turn calls the BBPGETVD transaction and does the same job of replicating vendors.This means you will not require to use the BBPGETVD transaction.

When a vendor is replicated the tables BUT000 and VENMAP is updated.

BBPUPDVD can be scheduled as a job in the background for the same reasons with a definite time period, so it can run in the background and you will not require to do this manually using BBP_VENDOR_UPDATE_DATA_JOB

BBP_VENDOR_SYNC and BBP_VENDOR_UPDATE_DATA_JOB Are different ways to

synchronize the SRM business partner with the R/3 business partner. BBP_VENDOR_UPDATE_DATA_JOB. The transaction allows retrieving selected vendor master records, compare the data to the existing business partner records and in case of changes adopt the changes to the business partner.This keeps in track all the data that was used in the initial load of vendors.

I hope this information help you,

Kind Regards,

Rafael Rhoden

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to every one.

I have implemented the BADI and I created one Z-table with fields purchasing org and vendor account group and logical system name. I filtered the vendor based on my z-table values.

Regards,

Senn

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Senthil,

You can use BBPUPDVD, but it cannot be automated to run as a job.

Regards,

Nikhil

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There are similar discussion in the below thread.

you may get some information

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

How about using BBPGETVD and BBPUPDVD ? You can limit supplier selection.

Regards,

Masa